*the Scope*

sheswiththeband

just thought i'd post on here in case anyone aint seen it on manxbands,

GET YOUR ROCKS OFF (!!!) AT THE CORNER HOUSE MARCH 3RD (thurs)!

featuring the debut gig of THE SCOPE! (what the world is waiting for...)

with support from Different Breed (outa this world...)

i know its a bit far off but thought id get everyone interested! these bands are not to be missed!

not many covers... mostly originals from both bands.

ITS GONNA ROCK! XX :blink:

ride on brother! heh! was up jammin with Different Breed last night, they are perfecting their skills! heh! me and Billy wrote a daft little song called "Beetlejuice is on the Boat"... (its about one of our trips to a fest, we seen a guy who was the image of BJ!!!).

cant wait for this gig, i get far too giddy. nice to see you last week Denz, and your lovelly girlfriend for letting me borrow her phone at 4.15am when i was locked out of my mates! xx

rarr! just put this on manxbands but thought id whack it up here: -

Ahhhh, went to The Scope practice last night, and man, they are xxxxxxx tighter than that corset I had on on New Years Eve! What a band! All originals, sound like nobody I’ve heard over here, really excellent lyrics and use of melodies and harmonies. Dean’s voice really gets inside your head! Cameron’s guitar solo’s and the way he “shuffles” when he plays, true rock star potential. And Scott too, shame he had to keep swopping guitars! The set list was fantastic, a whole gig’s worth of songs and potential new ones that they practiced that were class. Video’d some of it, but am gonna video the gig on March 3rd. even had Oogie on speakerphone at the traf listening to the new version of “Chicken Lipz”. Love it. one song that particularly caught my “ear” was a track called “S.O.N.” – loved the bass line in that Carl! I was totally blown away. So was my little “panel” Mini, we felt like Sharon Osbourne and Simon Cowell (gave them 10/10 for the first song!). the band sounds a lot different than the first demo Dean gave me, a lot better, more real music and heart and soul into it. by the fourth song, Dean (frontman) had really loosened up and started giving it Dixie, was class. Really proud of him and the boys, been working on this project for xxxxxxx years he has. Well done lads, get the date in your diaries for MARCH 3RD!!! at the cornerhouse, miss it, miss out! You will all love The Scope! xx

Archived