Fight!

bluemonday

Energy to challenge Manx Radio for TT coverage

Clicky

Chief Executive Andy Wint says free internet coverage will be a key factor in the bid - at present fans have to pay £10 for the web service.

I would prefer it on FM.

I think Wint and Pugh should have a real fight to see who gets to do the coverage.

FM would give us better audio, but only local coverage.

There are many listeners in the UK & Ireland that tune in to the AM broadcast who would be let down if the AM broadcasts were abandoned, I think it is vitally important we keep the AM broadcasts.

I don't like the idea of people having to pay for the streamed version of Radio TT though - I would suggest a free stream for the audio.

If people want the 'extras' like the footage & laptimes on screen while they have the audio, perhaps pay for this.

I would prefer it on FM.

I think Wint and Pugh should have a real fight to see who gets to do the coverage.

FM would give us better audio, but only local coverage.

There are many listeners in the UK & Ireland that tune in to the AM broadcast who would be let down if the AM broadcasts were abandoned, I think it is vitally important we keep the AM broadcasts.

I don't like the idea of people having to pay for the streamed version of Radio TT though - I would suggest a free stream for the audio.

If people want the 'extras' like the footage & laptimes on screen while they have the audio, perhaps pay for this.

i agree, fm is just local coverage but free online. im sure most of the people who live on the coasts of uk and ireland have internet accress. And being free will bring the coverage to a much wider audiance.

Ive soken to a few people about it who think maybe Energy may not have the experience but i can asure you that is not the case. Andy Wint as im sure u'll know was programme director of Radio TT for a number of years and Juan Turner who i believe is now a consultant for Energy and the man who set the station up Worked on Radio TT for over 10 years.

So bring it on i say.

Well instead of all that why don't the BBC just set up a radio station on the island and merge with a local radio station.

That way it can be in FM, and also as we are paying for BBC services but reciving very little it will also give the manx a bit of value for money?

Archived