Tories Making Racist Jokes

La_Dolce_Vita

I hate racism,and i really hate the word n****r. It is soo wrong for a white person to call a black person this,but black people (generally the men) call each other this and its in the raps,i just dont understand why its still used,especially in songs. I find it offensive and i'm white!!!

Did you find the joke funny?

No! I didnt,i thought my joke on the joke thread was better....Like i said,i find the word offensive.

obvious reasons (women actually getting it, making a difference etc, etc)

Do you feel obliged to vote because many women fought for it?

I hate racism,and i really hate the word n****r. It is soo wrong for a white person to call a black person this,but black people (generally the men) call each other this and its in the raps,i just dont understand why its still used,especially in songs. I find it offensive and i'm white!!!

Well it is this thing of people claiming the language of oppression and using it for themselves.

No! I didnt,i thought my joke on the joke thread was better....Like i said,i find the word offensive.

Not even an internal smile?

To be quite honest i cant remember,its that old!

Probably not.

To be quite honest i cant remember,its that old!

Probably not.

Aww shucks

but after reading the manifestos i still voted for the guy who used to run the local shop because he is "nice" not really the best way to make political decisions.

In all seriousness when we don't have a party political system why not?. Look, people slag off the government far too easily, saying they are tractor salesman, electrical goods retailers, whatever. And what - since I came to the Island I have seen the economy grow, standard of life get better, investment in new capital projects, hospital, prison etc. Yes problems, dissent along the way, of course that's the way democracy works, It's easy to criticise but (sharp intake of breath) by and large I think the govt has done a reasonable, nay more than reasonable job, over the last twenty years or so.

What's wrong with being "nice"?. Probably means you care about people - a quality I would look for in any potential politician

but after reading the manifestos i still voted for the guy who used to run the local shop because he is "nice" not really the best way to make political decisions.

In all seriousness when we don't have a party political system why not?. Look, people slag off the government far too easily, saying they are tractor salesman, electrical goods retailers, whatever. And what - since I came to the Island I have seen the economy grow, standard of life get better, investment in new capital projects, hospital, prison etc. Yes problems, dissent along the way, of course that's the way democracy works, It's easy to criticise but (sharp intake of breath) by and large I think the govt has done a reasonable, nay more than reasonable job, over the last twenty years or so.

What's wrong with being "nice"?. Probably means you care about people - a quality I would look for in any potential politician

I was wondering if Jesika was referring to the fact that people are elected based on their friendships, and friendships can come with favours and preferential responses from the government. I would add that it would not be democratic.

Archived