Bands Beware

oogie boogie

Did you request a room to be dressed in white silk, water from Everest, a virgin for each member, chilled fruit and cucumber sandwhiches to be kept a room temp?

Diva's now days just dont know how to do it.

The spar was shut but there was a rumour of a little sweet shop on the outskirts of town. I sent Del to get some M&M's. Apparently the sweet shop had this ruddy great big Bengal Tiger as their guard dog. Well the Bengal Tiger wasn't a problem but the shopkeeper and his son that was a different story all together.. He had to beat them to death with their own shoes.

:P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you request a room to be dressed in white silk, water from Everest, a virgin for each member, chilled fruit and cucumber sandwhiches to be kept a room temp?

Diva's now days just dont know how to do it.

The spar was shut but there was a rumour of a little sweet shop on the outskirts of town. I sent Del to get some M&M's. Apparently the sweet shop had this ruddy great big Bengal Tiger as their guard dog. Well the Bengal Tiger wasn't a problem but the shopkeeper and his son that was a different story all together.. He had to beat them to death with their own shoes.

:P

I was hoping for abuse or some sort of crap but that is a come back, Waynes World 2.....hats off I cant beat that :D

I bet they pay the djs to stick Now 69 on shuffle, but the creative talents of ten people is somehow supposed to be free.

John - vile can be used to describe many things - Hitler, tomatos and calling getting nowt to fill a shithole an opportunity are just some of them.

Oogie - subscribe then you can delete the thread when it doesn't go the way you like it (read the thread where we slag you of royally in the subscribers only section.

Sounds like Redgap had problems at Havana with the bar staff last week. I'm not sure I'd ever play there myself (I think we'd go down like a lead balloon in there). I can sort of see John's point, but then again, bands don't expect to play for nothing, especially in TT. It seems like a break down in communication really. On a separate note, I'm glad I didn't go to the Highwayman after all, because I was under the impression that POP were playing there!

Anyway, shameless plug. Get yerself down to the mecca that is the Mitre in Kirk Michael tonight for some Ballaghs action. :D

I didn't play Havana last year but last time I did play there was when Andy had it. 6 people turned up and we still got £250 for our troubles.

Just guessing, I know nothing about the place but maybe that's why "Andy" no longer has the place. He does not seem to have a good grasp of economics.

ive heard of this happening at other venues (oh we never agreed beforehand), and its usually 1. bullshit 2. a shit excuse

hope it all works out for you in the end!

havana or however its spelt is shite anyway, there still on the blacklist for not letting me in wearing converse...........

Surely you should agree the money side of it prior to playing...

However, I have experienced a similar thing from a fishy character who promised to pay me £100 for DJing in Amber. 12 months later I'm still waiting, and have lost count of the amount of times I've asked for my money (and the amount of times he's promised to pay). I expect he'll probably read this...

There's a whole lotta love going down here when people ramble on

I didn't play Havana last year but last time I did play there was when Andy had it. 6 people turned up and we still got £250 for our troubles.

Just guessing, I know nothing about the place but maybe that's why "Andy" no longer has the place. He does not seem to have a good grasp of economics.

I think he was 'poached' by a better club/bar if I remember correctly.

since MB is down i'll stick this up here.

Any bands playing Havana make sure you get paid before or sort out payment before you play.

Planes and UberRoom played there last night and got royally fucked over.

we were given 3 reasons at different stages after the gig.

1) we didn't have anyone on the door : - this wasn't discussed with us beforehand and Havana had staff on the door who were taking money when and if they felt like it. e.g. letting my parents and others in for free, and trying to make the bass player from Uber Room pay to get into his own gig.

2) It's apparently a very good opportunity for us to play at this bar. I hadn't realised the place had become the islands answer to Brixton Academy all of a sudden, and I must've missed the avid music scene and talent scouts that were in there making this an opportunity.

3 and this was in a similar but more blunt vain to 2, was the best one) sorry we don't pay bands, you just get to play.

All these three points might I add were told to us after we'd set up played and packed up.

I might go and try to get a few quid out of them later, but I need to calm down and they need to get their story straight first.

This is just a heads up to any bands on here that are already booked into play the place. Sort cash out first.

cheers

That's a shame, imagine doing a job for someone and not getting paid for it. Guess what goes around, comes around. How much did the recording cost for the of your latest album. ROFLMAO Mr Noober Room!!!!!!!!!!!

ive heard of this happening at other venues (oh we never agreed beforehand), and its usually 1. bullshit 2. a shit excuse

havana or however its spelt is shite anyway, there still on the blacklist for not letting me in wearing converse...........

for some reason the isle of man has a real problem with anything that isn't rockports. when i lived in england i never once got stopped and told i wasn't allowed in because of my footwear - clubs in england generally realised that it is getting you through the door and paid that counts, more than worrying about what you have on your feet.

for some reason the isle of man has a real problem with anything that isn't rockports. when i lived in england i never once got stopped and told i wasn't allowed in because of my footwear - clubs in england generally realised that it is getting you through the door and paid that counts, more than worrying about what you have on your feet.

I assume these converse/rockports things are brands of "trainers". I would have thought that by the time one is of age to go into clubs one would have left such things behind and started wearing proper footwear. Hence there should be no problem.

Converse are canvas baseball boots - as worn by the Ramones -

o809.jpg

I got a dirty look off some kiddie punk the other day for wearing a pair and seemingly I'm now too old for them. But I find them ideal for cycling or gardening in shorts since they are light but protect the ankle and look better the more battered they become.

Archived