Bands Beware

oogie boogie

I assume these converse/rockports things are brands of "trainers". I would have thought that by the time one is of age to go into clubs one would have left such things behind and started wearing proper footwear. Hence there should be no problem.

What a cock of a statement. How many people do you know who stop wearing trainers when they reach 18? Just you? I bet you wear a nice pair of Farah's too with the easy stretch waist.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume these converse/rockports things are brands of "trainers". I would have thought that by the time one is of age to go into clubs one would have left such things behind and started wearing proper footwear. Hence there should be no problem.

What a cock of a statement. How many people do you know who stop wearing trainers when they reach 18? Just you? I bet you wear a nice pair of Farah's too with the easy stretch waist.

Farah's? From the clues you give I assume these are a make of trouser. Can you only speak of garments by reference to their brand?

If you must speak in these terms, I'm more of a Blue Harbour chap

Do you make comments using your Dell and will you be watching your Toshiba later?

I find it all a bit odd.

I'll bet you're extremely smart, and get lots of admiring second looks as you walk down the street.

Well yes, but that's not the point..

Then what is?

I'll bet you're extremely smart, and get lots of admiring second looks as you walk down the street.

Well yes, but that's not the point..

Then what is?

This business of referring to clothes by the label on them. (trousers = Farah's, training shoes = Rockpool, - that sort of thing)

Obvious basic lesson to be learned for the band AND venue - whenever there is an expectation of getting paid for providing a service or entertainment, get it in writing before hand. Clearly state what is expected of the venue and the band. Then include payment terms in there and small claims court can be employed for non payment. The band can chalk it up to experience, and Havanna should identify that this is a poor way to run a business and a good way to piss of suppliers!

This business of referring to clothes by the label on them. (trousers = Farah's, training shoes = Rockpool, - that sort of thing)

I'm sure you have mis-used the term 'hoover' in the past? What about sellotape? Blu-Tack maybe? No, thinking about it you probably haven't.

What is 'proper footwear' BTW?

I'm sure you have mis-used the term 'hoover' in the past? What about sellotape? Blu-Tack maybe? No, thinking about it you probably haven't.

What is 'proper footwear' BTW?

Google for it :P

Archived