Bands Beware

oogie boogie

This business of referring to clothes by the label on them. (trousers = Farah's, training shoes = Rockpool, - that sort of thing)

I'm sure you have mis-used the term 'hoover' in the past? What about sellotape? Blu-Tack maybe? No, thinking about it you probably haven't.

What is 'proper footwear' BTW?

Correct, I find terms like vacuum cleaner, adhesive, shirt, trousers tend to be easily recognised.

"Proper footwear" is shoes. These "trainers" are fine if you are actually training for sport . You wouldn't walk around in public with wellington boots on, on the basis you wear them in the garden. Similarly replica football shirts are fine for kids but as an adult you should be past the stage of imagining/dreaming that you actually play for the team whose colours you favour.

Hope that clarifies things for you

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct, I find terms like vacuum cleaner, adhesive, shirt, trousers tend to be easily recognised.

I don't believe you.

"Proper footwear" is shoes. These "trainers" are fine if you are actually training for sport . You wouldn't walk around in public with wellington boots on, on the basis you wear them in the garden. Similarly replica football shirts are fine for kids but as an adult you should be past the stage of imagining/dreaming that you actually play for the team whose colours you favour.

So all adults wearing 'trainers' are 'imagining/dreaming' that they are really sportsmen/women? You're talking rubbish.

Maybe that's why they said Converse because it distiguishes it from a 'trainer' that you train for sport with. You can try running a marathon in converse boots if you like, but I doubt anyone attending a gig wearing them is imagining they could.

You've clarified what I think of you, yes.

This business of referring to clothes by the label on them. (trousers = Farah's, training shoes = Rockpool, - that sort of thing)

I'm sure you have mis-used the term 'hoover' in the past? What about sellotape? Blu-Tack maybe? No, thinking about it you probably haven't.

What is 'proper footwear' BTW?

i will have you know i passed my driving test wearing wellies. .. he asked me do i normally drive in them .. i said i drive to and frm work in them .. i then took the test and passed first time he had ever taken a testee on a test wearing wellies he said.

just alittle aside for you clothes horse muppits.

and i called my black lab hoover .. for obvious reasons to anyone who has ever had a lab.

no i mean steel toecapped black wellies.

however on reflection i like your drift.

hmmmmm yo you like sheep? i'm a donkey man my self. well i think that nike welllies. THE SLOGAN NIKE JUST DO IT!!! I WOULD BUY SOME

Wierd.

So what do you call a JCB?

Well I believe JCB manufacture a number of different machines not just one product - dump trucks, forklifts etc (check their website for confirmation) so you would have to specify which one you were talking about. There is no one product that is a "JCB"

Nothing weird about that at all.

Archived