Bands Beware

oogie boogie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I believe JCB manufacture a number of different machines not just one product - dump trucks, forklifts etc (check their website for confirmation) so you would have to specify which one you were talking about. There is no one product that is a "JCB"

Nothing weird about that at all.

A JCB is a digger! You can believe all you want about the different machines they make. But if my 3 year old calls a 180 backhoe/loader a JCB when it clearly states that it is a Case or Cat or New Holland or any other manufacturer's equally quality product. I'm not going to tell him off for it.

Look at that JCB over there! Will you be lost? Will you start searching high and low for a Vibratory Plate Compactor? An Agricultural Telescopic Handler? A double drum vibratory roller? Or, even one of these - a Stump Grinder

Your pedantry is brill. You win the Pendants medal for June.

Well I believe JCB manufacture a number of different machines not just one product - dump trucks, forklifts etc (check their website for confirmation) so you would have to specify which one you were talking about. There is no one product that is a "JCB"

Nothing weird about that at all.

A JCB is a digger! You can believe all you want about the different machines they make. But if my 3 year old calls a 180 backhoe/loader a JCB when it clearly states that it is a Case or Cat or New Holland or any other manufacturer's equally quality product. I'm not going to tell him off for it.

Look at that JCB over there! Will you be lost? Will you start searching high and low for a Vibratory Plate Compactor? An Agricultural Telescopic Handler? A double drum vibratory roller? Or, even one of these - a Stump Grinder

Your pedantry is brill. You win the Pendants medal for June.

Well thank you for the acolade but it's not deserved. "You can believe all you want about the different machines they make". Well I'm not making it up - they exist! But you're not a three year old are you?

If someone were to ask you what car you drive you would not say, for example "a Ford" you may go into a bit of detail - model spec etc

If someone were to ask you what car you drive you would not say, for example "a Ford" you may go into a bit of detail - model spec etc

See you are being pedantic.

No you wouldn't just say 'Ford'. You wouldn't even mention it.

I have a Fiesta, my best mate has a Galaxy. My posh mate has a DB9. My strange friend has a 2CV.

JCB = Digger

See you are being pedantic.

No you wouldn't just say 'Ford'. You wouldn't even mention it.

I have a Fiesta, my best mate has a Galaxy. My posh mate has a DB9. My strange friend has a 2CV.

JCB = Digger

How does that make me pedantic?

JCB = manufacturer of agricultaral machinery etc, including diggers

Diggers = type of plant sold by a number of manufacturers, including J C Bamford.

Do you often feel left out of conversations, and not quite get what people are talking about?

Well feel free to join in. You don't have to get it, as been proven numerous times. Although why the Music and Club Scene forum is discussing JCB's I'm not sure. Although I have a horrible feeling that may be at least partially my fault.

ive heard of this happening at other venues (oh we never agreed beforehand), and its usually 1. bullshit 2. a shit excuse

hope it all works out for you in the end!

havana or however its spelt is shite anyway, there still on the blacklist for not letting me in wearing converse...........

for some reason the isle of man has a real problem with anything that isn't rockports. when i lived in england i never once got stopped and told i wasn't allowed in because of my footwear - clubs in england generally realised that it is getting you through the door and paid that counts, more than worrying about what you have on your feet.

never ever been not let in anywhere because of what i was wearing on my feet anywhere else around the world, its only the isle of man that wants to make a deal out of it........i just take my business elsewhere.....

since MB is down i'll stick this up here.

Any bands playing Havana make sure you get paid before or sort out payment before you play.

Planes and UberRoom played there last night and got royally fucked over.

we were given 3 reasons at different stages after the gig.

1) we didn't have anyone on the door : - this wasn't discussed with us beforehand and Havana had staff on the door who were taking money when and if they felt like it. e.g. letting my parents and others in for free, and trying to make the bass player from Uber Room pay to get into his own gig.

2) It's apparently a very good opportunity for us to play at this bar. I hadn't realised the place had become the islands answer to Brixton Academy all of a sudden, and I must've missed the avid music scene and talent scouts that were in there making this an opportunity.

3 and this was in a similar but more blunt vain to 2, was the best one) sorry we don't pay bands, you just get to play.

All these three points might I add were told to us after we'd set up played and packed up.

I might go and try to get a few quid out of them later, but I need to calm down and they need to get their story straight first.

This is just a heads up to any bands on here that are already booked into play the place. Sort cash out first.

cheers

That's a shame, imagine doing a job for someone and not getting paid for it. Guess what goes around, comes around. How much did the recording cost for the of your latest album. ROFLMAO Mr Noober Room!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i enjoy colours on a friday, as i can wear me trainers !!! although i do wear them in havana when i am working, but havana door staff will allow smart trainers as far as I know..

Thats why i enjoy colours on a friday, as i can wear me trainers !!! although i do wear them in havana when i am working, but havana door staff will allow smart trainers as far as I know..

Sorry John, but no such thing

dunno i have some smart Kswiss .. but have to agree me old Aasics are rather scruffy, just soooooooooooooo comfy when your on your feet working.

Sorry John, but no such thing

you forgot to add "in my opinion" at the end of your remark

Archived