Bands Beware

oogie boogie

Thats why i enjoy colours on a friday, as i can wear me trainers !!! although i do wear them in havana when i am working, but havana door staff will allow smart trainers as far as I know..

Sorry John, but no such thing

you forgot to add "in my opinion" at the end of your remark

Not needed. (as in grass is green - "in my opinion").

Anyway it's a forum, an exchange of opinions. The place would be littered with the phrase if you insisted on that suffix

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well there is a heavy difference between commenting on something which is a fact and something that purely based on opinion or taste

your comments falls squarely in the latter section

well there is a heavy difference between commenting on something which is a fact and something that purely based on opinion or taste

your comments falls squarely in the latter section

I firmly believe my comments belong to the former section. One man's fact maybe another man's opinion (Think Flat Earth Society).

If someone were to ask you what car you drive you would not say, for example "a Ford" you may go into a bit of detail - model spec etc

See you are being pedantic.

No you wouldn't just say 'Ford'. You wouldn't even mention it.

I have a Fiesta, my best mate has a Galaxy. My posh mate has a DB9. My strange friend has a 2CV.

JCB = Digger

How does that make me pedantic?

JCB = manufacturer of agricultaral machinery etc, including diggers

Diggers = type of plant sold by a number of manufacturers, including J C Bamford.

digger is a generic term for any heavy yellow plant, for example digga is actualy a dumper truck with pimp my ride wheels.

Obvious basic lesson to be learned for the band AND venue - whenever there is an expectation of getting paid for providing a service or entertainment, get it in writing before hand. Clearly state what is expected of the venue and the band. Then include payment terms in there and small claims court can be employed for non payment. The band can chalk it up to experience, and Havanna should identify that this is a poor way to run a business and a good way to piss of suppliers!

here here...'in writing' seems a bit much thou, unless for eg, your taking over the whole club and using your own people on the door etc. what happened to sticking to your word and paying people for the services they have provided.

sounds like the left dont know what the right is doin in there. how can you organise, and i use that term very loosely, bands to come in, and have the payment situation so ambiguous. i know some of these bands, they provide the talent and are happy to be playing out, and in the main, they take you at your word and expect you to stick to it, as you should.

yep bad taste indeed.

Archived