Swine Flu Reaches Island

yehyehyeh

Proof that immunisation works? I don't need to look hard, when's the last time you heard of a child die of whooping cough? How about the rise in measles since the reduction in mmr vaccines:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle4821352.ece

As to proof that vaccination is safe, which vaccination? Which are unsafe in your opinion? What else don't you allow near your child? Do they have any plastic toys? Do you put your baby in the car? Where do you draw the line at risk?

When I was born I soon caught whooping cough and didn't die either and I never recieved a vaccination for that.

With regard to plastic toys, we try to avoid them and buy wooden ones, shock horror what terrible parents we are!!

As to risk, you've summed it up in a nutshell...I take the risk of putting MY child in our car and drive accordingly as that is my right, just as deciding not to have my child vaccinated is my right, equally so is your right to decide to have your child vaccinated.

There you go, you proved how easy it is to acquire knowledge about the pros to vaccinations, therefore one would think it would be just as easy for you to acquire knowledge about the cons to vaccinations, I knew it, I told my wife you were clever and that you could do it, all you needed was a little encouragement to gain confidence to explore the possibility to see things from another perspective, well done and big hugs to you.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate wilful ignorance and the distortion of evidence and its replacement with prejudice and anecdote.

It looks like Matt Bawden is such a person.

Here we go again, I'm sure we'll have a diatribe that the WHO is in the pocket of evil drug companies and the CDC actively promotes the poisoning of people.

If people can read the following links they'll find objective, fact based information attempting to provide people with an understanding that though the risks of vaccination are not zero the risks are far outweighed by the advantages of maintaining vacination levels sufficient to ensure a "herd protection" within a populaton.

WHO

CDC

You hate me then, such a strong emotion towards someone who chose not to have his child vaccinated...I didn't kill anyone, or rape a a person or commit an heinous crime.

This'll be the same WHO which continually sanctions Nestle to supply milk formula that contains toxins which kill thousands of babies in third world countries, that allows drug companies with the sketchiest histories to supply vaccinations.

I see you post 2 links one of which is a government website...mmmm....seems a little contrite.

Herd immunity requires 95% take up...I'll be in the 5% who don't so what's your problem????

Proof that immunisation works? I don't need to look hard, when's the last time you heard of a child die of whooping cough? How about the rise in measles since the reduction in mmr vaccines:

As to proof that vaccination is safe, which vaccination? Which are unsafe in your opinion? What else don't you allow near your child? Do they have any plastic toys? Do you put your baby in the car? Where do you draw the line at risk?

When I was born I soon caught whooping cough and didn't die either and I never recieved a vaccination for that.

With regard to plastic toys, we try to avoid them and buy wooden ones, shock horror what terrible parents we are!!

As to risk, you've summed it up in a nutshell...I take the risk of putting MY child in our car and drive accordingly as that is my right, just as deciding not to have my child vaccinated is my right, equally so is your right to decide to have your child vaccinated.

There you go, you proved how easy it is to acquire knowledge about the pros to vaccinations, therefore one would think it would be just as easy for you to acquire knowledge about the cons to vaccinations, I knew it, I told my wife you were clever and that you could do it, all you needed was a little encouragement to gain confidence to explore the possibility to see things from another perspective, well done and big hugs to you.

"Surf"?

Your link to a website claims that measles is "set" to exceed 1,000 for the first time in decades and that reduced uptake of the MMR is a key factor in the rise of measles cases...wtf?? are you for real???

"set" to exceed doesn't mean it has or will, you could have six cases in the first two days of january and using logic could state that measles was "set" to exceed 1,000 cases in that year, also it doesn't state what timeline this target was for, was it one year, two years, etc.etc??....key factor?? surely if it was that significant it would the THE factor.....Decades???? how many decades? two, three...how many? the measles vaccinations have been around since the forties....and three decades previous to the vaccination's introduction the measles had pretty much bottomed out.

I seriously had you down as an intelligent person, but I was mistaken, you base your decisions on the health of your child on this crap??? and you accuse me of being an irresponsible parent, you sir, need to seek professional help...I've met people like you before, you probably don;t look like a fish and yet you have an IQ that is equal to a haddock...debating with you is as pointless as stealing sweets from a child.

There you go, you proved how easy it is to acquire knowledge about the pros to vaccinations,

just one quastion,

if there was a vaccination for cancer or aids,

would u say no thay be fine, or would u get it done!!!!

Are you that stupid that this needs explaining to you? Really?

Bawden, it's you who are slagging me off for supporting vaccination. You've called me names, and you raised it again yesterday. Don't get all prissy about it when you chose to raise the subject and slag me for my views on it.

Nope, I can't find any credible sources against all vaccinations, you'll have to help me.

Your link to a website claims that measles is "set" to exceed 1,000 for the first time in decades and that reduced uptake of the MMR is a key factor in the rise of measles cases...wtf?? are you for real???

"set" to exceed doesn't mean it has or will, you could have six cases in the first two days of january and using logic could state that measles was "set" to exceed 1,000 cases in that year, also it doesn't state what timeline this target was for, was it one year, two years, etc.etc??....key factor?? surely if it was that significant it would the THE factor.....Decades???? how many decades? two, three...how many? the measles vaccinations have been around since the forties....and three decades previous to the vaccination's introduction the measles had pretty much bottomed out.

The article demonstrated a link between cases of measles and a drop in vaccination rates. There's many many more, eg:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-ne...91466-23876447/

"In 2007, there were 13 cases of measles across the whole of Wales and in 2008 that number rose to 39. So far this year, more than 290 people have caught measles and 34 children and babies have been admitted to hospital. Many of these were too young to receive routine MMR themselves."

In other words, because some irrisponsible parents aren't vaccinating, other children are getting ill. Your actions are putting other children at risk.

I seriously had you down as an intelligent person, but I was mistaken, you base your decisions on the health of your child on this crap??? and you accuse me of being an irresponsible parent, you sir, need to seek professional help..

I did seek professional help, as I said. I trust my GP more than whatever you can google.

.I've met people like you before, you probably don;t look like a fish and yet you have an IQ that is equal to a haddock...debating with you is as pointless as stealing sweets from a child.

Beautiful.

Are you that stupid that this needs explaining to you? Really?

Bawden, it's you who are slagging me off for supporting vaccination. You've called me names, and you raised it again yesterday. Don't get all prissy about it when you chose to raise the subject and slag me for my views on it.

Are you actually for real...if you cast your mind back you toby, it was you who attacked me first calling me an irresponsible parent...up till after you quoted this I hadn't even engaged in open communication with you....I do agree I did then take your insult very personally and began to call you names, which I actually apologisied for.

Nope, I can't find any credible sources against all vaccinations, you'll have to help me.

You will only find what you really want to find I guess.

The article demonstrated a link between cases of measles and a drop in vaccination rates. There's many many more, eg:

No it didn't...it used conjecture and impact headlining to make you interpret it as they wanted you to.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-ne...91466-23876447/

"In 2007, there were 13 cases of measles across the whole of Wales and in 2008 that number rose to 39. So far this year, more than 290 people have caught measles and 34 children and babies have been admitted to hospital. Many of these were too young to receive routine MMR themselves."

In other words, because some irrisponsible parents aren't vaccinating, other children are getting ill. Your actions are putting other children at risk.

In other words hardly any....stop press a massive 34 children hospitalised and no deaths or serious consequences, armaggedon. apocolypse!!!!!

I seriously had you down as an intelligent person, but I was mistaken, you base your decisions on the health of your child on this crap??? and you accuse me of being an irresponsible parent, you sir, need to seek professional help..

I did seek professional help, as I said. I trust my GP more than whatever you can google.

And read in published medical journals and testimony from virologists and gp's

.I've met people like you before, you probably don;t look like a fish and yet you have an IQ that is equal to a haddock...debating with you is as pointless as stealing sweets from a child.

Beautiful.

Thank you

Archived