Swine Flu Reaches Island

yehyehyeh

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The notably premature announcement (within days of the Mexican 'outbreak') that this could be the Global Flu Pandemic to match the Spanish Flu should make us all instantly suspicious that some corrupt forces could possibly be at play in the WHO and the Drug and Vaccine industries.

Bear in mind the 'Millenium Bug', SARS, Anthrax, Ricin, War on Terror, WMDs, H5N1, and other recent overblown panics and it is not hard to understand that some people have been continually pumping the population of our planet with some malicious fear-mongering for far too long now. Perhaps it is time to stand up to these blatant and unconsionable assaults?

The widespread H1N1 panic has no basis except in the fearful ideas fed deliberately into the media. The vaccine and drug companies are going to make massive profits, but where is the science to justify the response we are experiencing? Nowhere! Remember how private industries profited so massively from the recent and very dodgy Iraq war? Why is this not an example of the same type of mass-deception with which we are becoming increasingly familiar, and used to believe our rulers and corporate entities to be incapable of?

The notably premature announcement (within days of the Mexican 'outbreak') that this could be the Global Flu Pandemic to match the Spanish Flu should make us all instantly suspicious that some corrupt forces could possibly be at play in the WHO and the Drug and Vaccine industries.

Bear in mind the 'Millenium Bug', SARS, Anthrax, Ricin, War on Terror, WMDs, H5N1, and other recent overblown panics and it is not hard to understand that some people have been continually pumping the population of our planet with some malicious fear-mongering for far too long now. Perhaps it is time to stand up to these blatant and unconsionable assaults?

The widespread H1N1 panic has no basis except in the fearful ideas fed deliberately into the media. The vaccine and drug companies are going to make massive profits, but where is the science to justify the response we are experiencing? Nowhere! Remember how private industries profited so massively from the recent and very dodgy Iraq war? Why is this not an example of the same type of mass-deception with which we are becoming increasingly familiar, and used to believe our rulers and corporate entities to be incapable of?

you sound like a nut :rolleyes:

Yeah my workplace seems to be very cautious about it all, we were getting e-mailsat work about what to do if you get sick - STAY HOME. And nobody was allowed to travel from London to Manchester and vice versa a few weeks ago in case they spread the disease. There were regular reminders that you should not travel and web conferencing is essential, etc..

Has anybody elses workplace been like that?

No. I'm guessing that you must work for some quasi-government agency as they are the only ones that strictly abide by completely f**king stupid policies in these circumstances. Everyone else just goes to work ... because they have to and they are not slack arsed idiots looking to use any tenuous excuse they can for a few days skiving off or not working at full capacity.

No. I'm guessing that you must work for some quasi-government agency as they are the only ones that strictly abide by completely f**king stupid policies in these circumstances. Everyone else just goes to work ... because they have to and they are not slack arsed idiots looking to use any tenuous excuse they can for a few days skiving off or not working at full capacity.

That would satisfy you wouldn't it if I said I did work for one of these agencies. However, I work in insurance.

I suppose you could argue that without an immediate (perhaps excessive reaction) the outcome would have been much worse. In other words, it's considered a good idea to instill a low level of panic in people to get them to sneeze into their arms instead of all over the cafe and start washing their hands occasionally. Makes sense I suppose.

Of course there are the usual suspects that will be the first to have their usual set of sick days off but at the other end of the scale there are 2 groups of people ie, the ones who 2 "dont actually get paid", some places like "PRIVATE nursing homes" dont actually pay sick, so if someone, for insntance cook, cleaner, carer etc are ill they tend to work through there illnesses! (Reassuring to know that the elderly and vulnerable are safe, not.)

Then you've got the people that have the belief that we should "soldier on", inspite of infecting ALL the other work colleagues!

I do think they should name this person though,how do any of us know that we hav'nt had some sort of contact with him/her? (Sod confidentiality in this case)

That would satisfy you wouldn't it if I said I did work for one of these agencies. However, I work in insurance.

Insurance? What you actually mean is you work in a call centre.

No nuts in THIS post. I'm with Hermes (and Noam Chomsky), which maybe makes us both nuts - or those who would ridicule this as having bought the word of The Man (generic one - not theman on here).

Is that it? Thats shit, so its just like having the flu? The only difference is that it began in pigs? For some reason I'm dissappointed.

I think the main significance is that it's a new strain of flu, so nobody has any resistance to it. As a result it's spread very quick. Fortunately it doesn't make you seriously ill generally but there are fatalities from any flu, and the number of people who will inevitably get this will mean more chance of some deaths.

Also it's generally the very old and the very young who succumb but that's not true for this illness. Age, state of health etc are not as important as susceptibility. My list of hopefuls includes Jeffrey Archer, Nick Griffin, Clarkson, Thatcher, most of Tynwald, my brother-in-law and our postman to name but a few. Every cloud...

Is that it? Thats shit, so its just like having the flu? The only difference is that it began in pigs? For some reason I'm dissappointed.

I think the main significance is that it's a new strain of flu, so nobody has any resistance to it. As a result it's spread very quick. Fortunately it doesn't make you seriously ill generally but there are fatalities from any flu, and the number of people who will inevitably get this will mean more chance of some deaths.

Also it's generally the very old and the very young who succumb but that's not true for this illness. Age, state of health etc are not as important as susceptibility. My list of hopefuls includes Jeffrey Archer, Nick Griffin, Clarkson, Thatcher, most of Tynwald, my brother-in-law and our postman to name but a few. Every cloud...

Your brother-in-law AND the postman....(the mind boggles) They must be very bad, be careful what you wish for, and all that!

Archived