Swine Flu Reaches Island

yehyehyeh

Bizarre. This forum been going five years, yet no one's thought to register the name Ellan Vannin until today.

quick off the mark me. lol.

incidentally - some one has set up 'ellanvannin', back in march i think.. but yeah, 5 yrs before ellan vannin was used it quite remarkable, given its about the most manx name you can get . :P

manx radio is on at moment - they wont release location or name of the infected SW person.....

incredible..

cheers

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be unwise to give out an information regarding the manx 'patient zero'. If someone were to contract it here and die from it, small minds would point blame.

It would be unwise to give out an information regarding the manx 'patient zero'. If someone were to contract it here and die from it, small minds would point blame.

Some twat called Jonathon stubbornly refused to leave the air on the Mannin Line today until the Kish divulged name and location of the sufferer. Needless to say, the Kish maintained his professional position and patient confidentiality. Meanwhile, I was trying to explain to my 10 year old that swine flu is not a threat and I would trust those that have had the training, research and information to interpret the level of threat over some uninformed bigot who has not lit his pitchfork for a few weeks.

It reminded me of the paediatrician who was targetted by some swamp dwellers mistaking her for a paedophile!

I am all for the availability of information and do think it is the defining element of the current age. But, Jeez, there are those to whom the only information you would really entrust was how to put their head in a plastic bag!

Some twat called Jonathon stubbornly refused to leave the air on the Mannin Line today until the Kish divulged name and location of the sufferer. Needless to say, the Kish maintained his professional position and patient confidentiality. Meanwhile, I was trying to explain to my 10 year old that swine flu is not a threat and I would trust those that have had the training, research and information to interpret the level of threat over some uninformed bigot who has not lit his pitchfork for a few weeks.

You make your ten year old listen to the Mannin Line on Manx Radio? Poor lamb... :)

It reminded me of the paediatrician who was targetted by some swamp dwellers mistaking her for a paedophile!

I am all for the availability of information and do think it is the defining element of the current age. But, Jeez, there are those to whom the only information you would really entrust was how to put their head in a plastic bag!

i agree heartily, some of the above people give me cause for concern regarding the future of the human race.

You make your ten year old listen to the Mannin Line on Manx Radio? Poor lamb... :)

Yep, we have already had two visits from Social Services.

Brilliant.

Not over here no. Outside of the Island, yes.

Deaths aren't the big problem though (unless it's you that dies, then I imagine it's quite a significant problem).

Archived