Post Turtles

Pontius

Here's a good idea from the States (unusual, I know, but true!) attributed to a Texan farmer:

Sarah Palin is a post turtle. By way of explanation, when you're driving along a country road and see a turtle balanced on top of a fencepost, that is a post turtle. You know it didn't get up there by itself, it doesn't belong up there, it doesn't know what to do while it's up there, and you just wonder what dumbass put it up there in the first place.

Now I wonder - can MFrs think of any good examples of Manx Post Turtles and why? I'm tempted to exclude Tynwald Members because they are just TOO easy and we daft beggars put them there BUT - they are such a good source of Post Turtles.

Anyway - I'll start us off with the first nomination:

Roger 'Gollum' Gimbert - Chairman of Peel Commissioners - because he spouts the worst twaddle and utter nonsense in the West and because he wants to get onto an even taller post - in Tynwald.

now you've only gone and introduced this craze to the Island. There'll be turtles on fence posts all over the place, this isnt going to do the struggling Manx turtle population any good at all. Some people just dont think before they post this stuff.

As a solution I'd ask that each one of us gatheres up all the footballs we can find, fill them with concrete and fix it to the top of any unadorned posts you come across.

now you've only gone and introduced this craze to the Island. There'll be turtles on fence posts all over the place, this isnt going to do the struggling Manx turtle population any good at all. Some people just dont think before they post this stuff.

As a solution I'd ask that each one of us gatheres up all the footballs we can find, fill them with concrete and fix it to the top of any unadorned posts you come across.

Rebel!

Surely it would be better for all concerned if it was a tortoise on the top of a post?

It would save on transportation costs from aquariums or the sea

Surely it would be better for all concerned if it was a tortoise on the top of a post?

It would save on transportation costs from aquariums or the sea

Grow our own in Ramsey Pool?

My nomination is for any person mentioned here

And while we are at it -

brightideas@gov.im

I have an idea, lets have bike races, attract loads of money paying bikers over and give 'em fuck all to do in the evenings for a week, maybe put on a fireworks display, street entertainment, bike shows, decent bands etc etc radical I know!

Better still, pay a couple of lads to have a punch up outside a pub one night, just so they know what its like for the other 51 weeks in the year over here.

They can then issue press releases about how great the walking festival was, how they have made 50p profit from the whole walking scene and what an attraction any route OUT of Douglas is by any means of transport.

Look -

postturtle.jpg

It's going nowhere.

I don't understand.

Me neither, I think you've missed the point Declan thats a terrapin not a turtle.

I see you've put some barbed wire round the post to stop the little blighter climbing down though, very cunning but you forgot about global warming and as soon as there's a touch of sea level rise he'll just swim to freedom

LDV - His belly/shell is resting on the top of the post and his legs can't reach the pole. How's he gonna get off?

Jim - He'll be cooked by the increased heat before sea levels rise enough for him to swim free. His only hope is that a Rescue Eagle passes by.

his feet are only teeny weeny, I therefore calculate his legs are at 73% extention already.

Maybe his best chance of escape would be to drop some acidic terrapin poo on the posts support strut this would unstabilize the structure enough for a stiff breeze to topple it over thus sending him back to earth.

Archived