[BBC News] Fastest female TT racer honoured

Newsbot

OH! I banged her last week. She was good. ;)

"Supt Carolyn Kinrade of Isle of Man Constabulary has been awarded the Queen's Police Medal for her services to the police force. "

For fuck's sake...do they have a load of these Medals knocking around as they appear to given them away for fuck all.

She will be the death of motorsport on the Island...TTFMAG my arse!

"Supt Carolyn Kinrade of Isle of Man Constabulary has been awarded the Queen's Police Medal for her services to the police force. "

For fuck's sake...do they have a load of these Medals knocking around as they appear to given them away for fuck all.

She will be the death of motorsport on the Island...TTFMAG my arse!

a medal for screwing up all motor sport on the island, wow what a job

The attacked on Carolyn Kinrade is unfair. She and TTFMAG were only appointed following the disaster at the 26th in 2007, and the reasons for that are well documented. Believe me, if there is another one of them, then motorsport on the IOM will be finished. All they are doing is trying to ensure that everything is as safe as it can be so that motorsport cna continue.

The attacked on Carolyn Kinrade is unfair. She and TTFMAG were only appointed following the disaster at the 26th in 2007, and the reasons for that are well documented. Believe me, if there is another one of them, then motorsport on the IOM will be finished. All they are doing is trying to ensure that everything is as safe as it can be so that motorsport cna continue.

A bit of forward thinking and proactivity with regard to the TT is welcome by me even if some people see it as putting a damper on things. For to long we have reacted to matters that should have been picked up and acted on earlier. e.g.

1) Increased crossing points. Much improved this year but they have only been introduced following last years chaos at the MGP. Various voices have for years called for the roads to be partly opened between 5 to 6 in the case of delays to alleviate congestion but was nothing was done about it until they were realy forced to.

2) Ropes across the TT couse now have them nice clear banners etc that say stop. Why because a motorcyclist hit one and died. Yes we can look at the incident and apportion blame and say banners may or would not have made any diference in this case but the fact that most ropes across the road only had at best one very old tiny red triangle flag, often wrapped around the round should have been picked up and corrected without the need for it pointing out at an inquest

3) Accident at the 26th in 2007. Again this pointed out various failings some or many of which people had in my view been aware of and turned a blind eye to for years. e.g missing signs, being in restricted areas etc. Turning a blind eye to may be incorrect as it suggests matters were ignored when if act they were probably just not thought about.

As I say I I doubt they were ignored deliberately rather that they were not matters that were not proactively checked and if we now have an attitude whereby any failing are picked up prior to and not after an incident then that has to be good for the the TT and the Island

But its not all about safety, some of the shit there is has nowt to do with safety,

But its not all about safety, some of the shit there is has nowt to do with safety,

Probably best addressing your concerns to the ACU's insurers (?)

such as?

such as?

Empire building and a nice little earner for retirement....

Archived