[BBC News] Biker seriously injured in crash

Newsbot

I arrived on the scene about 60 seconds after it happened, the 999 call was just being made as I got out of my car. (I arrived from the 'non crash' side so at first I didn't realise what had happened, it was only when I walked closer I realised what the scenario was.)

Very nasty smash, won't go into any details but it was an extremely sobering sight.

Hope the guy involved can recover and the others on the scene aren't too traumatised either :( (It left me feeling pretty shaky and subdued I have to say, and I didn't even see it happen.)

I arrived on the scene about 60 seconds after it happened, the 999 call was just being made as I got out of my car. (I arrived from the 'non crash' side so at first I didn't realise what had happened, it was only when I walked closer I realised what the scenario was.)

Very nasty smash, won't go into any details but it was an extremely sobering sight.

Hope the guy involved can recover and the others on the scene aren't too traumatised either :( (It left me feeling pretty shaky and subdued I have to say, and I didn't even see it happen.)

feeling so shaky and subdued that you posted to a thread within 3 hrs. :huh:

What's the problem? Would you say that to your neighbour who told you something or if it was mentioned down the pub?

Are only the 'newspapers' and 'radio' allowed to pass comment? You know, the 'trusted' media only, type thing.

What's the problem? Would you say that to your neighbour who told you something or if it was mentioned down the pub?

Are only the 'newspapers' and 'radio' allowed to pass comment? You know, the 'trusted' media only, type thing.

I wasn't going to dignify spermann with a response TBH, but you've summed it up pretty well nipper - as human beings we naturally seek out ways to communicate and work through things we experience with others, be it chatting with our neighbours, 'bloke down the pub', or on forums, or whatever.

What I saw in the aftermath of the crash today was shocking and upsetting, it's not often we come so close to someone so badly hurt and at such close quarters - and that's what I was articulating with my previous post, it was one of my ways of dealing with it. (I also cuddled my daughter at bedtime this evening for so long I think she wondered what was going on, it wasn't a logical response on my part I suppose, but such events are stark reminders of the fragility of our lives.)

I hear that the rider involved in today's accident is quite badly hurt, but seems to be doing well in hospital and will hopefully recover well, which is the most important thing.

What is your comment supposed to achieve?

You sound like you have more to say than you are saying....

I would not like to have seen the aftermath of that kind of thing, and I can't see what's wrong with wanting to talk to other people about it.

my daughter was first to the aftermath on the peel to km road when the four rugby ppl had there crash .she was asked during the 999 call to describe the injurys and tryed to comfort the survivors. she recived counceling for many months after.

talking does help

my daughter was first to the aftermath on the peel to km road when the four rugby ppl had there crash .she was asked during the 999 call to describe the injurys and tryed to comfort the survivors. she recived counceling for many months after.

talking does help

So do spelling lessons

Spelling matters not, any clown can use spell checker Moll. I think it is more important to reply with a post relevant to the subject of the thread (it's a new idea I had ;)).

There must have been lots of accidents at the weekend, I was met by policemen waving their arms around coming off the Poortown Road yesterday afternoon. I do so panic when I see them, no reason to but they don't half give me the willies, maybe it's the way you are supposed to automatically know where they want you to go - they really do need to make clearer hand signals or at least get out of the middle of the road, it's very unnerving.

Maybe people should take pictures of any accidents they come across, that could be used in future road safety campaigns or maybe that would be distasteful and cheap.....(I'm still very cross about the snuff TT posters)

Spelling matters not, any clown can use spell checker Moll. I think it is more important to reply with a post relevant to the subject of the thread (it's a new idea I had ;)).

There must have been lots of accidents at the weekend, I was met by policemen waving their arms around coming off the Poortown Road yesterday afternoon. I do so panic when I see them, no reason to but they don't half give me the willies, maybe it's the way you are supposed to automatically know where they want you to go - they really do need to make clearer hand signals or at least get out of the middle of the road, it's very unnerving.

Maybe people should take pictures of any accidents they come across, that could be used in future road safety campaigns or maybe that would be distasteful and cheap.....(I'm still very cross about the snuff TT posters)

You think thats bad! What about seeing a fire engine flashing etc and driving in the direction of "your" house, even though i know its not my house i always worry.

You think thats bad! What about seeing a fire engine flashing etc and driving in the direction of "your" house, even though i know its not my house i always worry.

I phone home when that happens. I know it's silly, but still, bleh! :)

I phone home when that happens. I know it's silly, but still, bleh! :)

Far from silly, nothing wrong in caring about loved ones and of course the house!

If my teenage son is out and about in his car when i hear the sirens i always have to call him and say "just checking you're ok", sooo greatful for mobile phones at those times.

Archived