[BBC News] Axed entertainment hits TT trade

Newsbot

Surely any businesses hoping to exploit TT week wouldn't close? I hardly think B&B being open would have added to the festival spirit!

Was B & B closed? I did'nt mean anywhere in particular really, i just found that over the two week period there were quite a few places with notes on the doors "CLOSED FOR TT FORTNIGHT", a little annoying, us locals dont stop buying for two weeks, not to mention any visiting trade. But hey....If they dont need the business!

It is very inconsiderate that businesses should close over TT fortnight. Why should the every day life on IOM grind to a standstill just because of some guys racing bikes around the course?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who never really had a problem with the funfair?

Nope. I never had a problem with it either so that possibly makes two of us :) Admittedly I never went on the rides but I enjoyed watching other people having a go on them. I've had friends come over for the TT for a few years now and they were disappointed because they liked wedging themselves into the tiny carts and being flung all over the place (yes still talking about the fair here!)

Another friend came here for the first time this year. He wasn't disappointed because he enjoyed all the racing that took place and wants to come back next year. I guess as long as that keeps happening the TT won't really die off

The bar in the villa was crap.

£3 for a can of Carling or John Smiths, if you couldn't be bothered waiting for a draft pint, which was the same price. Only spirits were in miniatures, and even then they only had a choice of 3.

This is probably the first year where EVERY pint of real beer I had at Bushys was actually nice. It normally gets a bit dodgy towards the end of the week.

Nothing to do with the TT but we looked into hiring one of the rooms for a kids party a while ago, we were expecting it to be quite pricey but got a bit of a shock when we were told it would be over £800, we would have only been using it for 3 hours. :(

You think thats bad. If I want to sell cds after a gig, I have to fork out 200 odd ££'s for a merch table there. fucking fucking robbing bastards!

£3 for a can of Carling is beyond a joke. How much of a mark up do they want to make?

Does anyone have the official capacity of the villa gardens? I've heard it's 10,000 but to me that sounds like quite a lot.

Archived