Cod Waw Map Pack 2?

spanna

I had the same problem when trying to download the first map-pack and duke nukem ;)

I emailed the customer support and got this very helpful email back from them!

"Thank you for contacting Xbox Support.

To resolve your issue we kindly ask you to follow the steps found under http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937069/en-us.

Should your issue not be resolved after completing these steps, please contact us by telephone and we will be happy to assist you. Please have your console serial number ready for our service team when you call. Our contact details can be found on the web link below.

"

What a wonderfully helpful link that is ( unless i'm missing something glaringly obvious ) :rolleyes:

If you are really desperate to get it then you could always try sending your hard drive to someone you know in the UK. Either that or I'd wait till after the maintenance and see whether that sorts it

Lots of people on the COD forums are experiencing a similar problem

Coincedentally, Is their a Manx clan on COD5 (xbox) ? I'd quite like to Join up and go on a kill spree :P

Gamertag = jeceris

This message was posted by a Treyarch Developer on the forums:

Hi all,

With Map Pack 2 now released, I wanted to address a question circulating the forums regarding certain regions of the world that are not able to download any of the World at War DLC.

Microsoft has a "geo-fencing" policy with games like Call of Duty: World at War. This means that you may only purchase the Map Packs if your internet connection is physically located in the country where your LIVE account exists. The policy exists to ensure that you can't download content that is not allowed in your region.

For example:

* If you are an US serviceman living abroad with a US Xbox 360, you can not purchase the Map Packs until you are back in the US.

* If you are a German, living in Italy with a German Xbox LIVE account, you can not purchase the Map Packs unless your IP address is located in Germany

* If you are living in any country which does not have it's own Xbox LIVE marketplace, like Poland, you are probably part of the UK Marketplace. You can not purchase the Map Packs, unless you are physically located in the UK.

I'd like to be clear that this restriction is nothing we have control over at Treyarch or Activision and there is unfortunately nothing we can do about it. If you have purchased Microsoft Points with the intent to download Map Pack 2, and realize you are unable to due to this “geo-fencing” (as it’s referred to), the best you can do is contact Xbox LIVE customer support and tell them that you had intended to purchase the Map Pack and are unable to do so.

It’s important to note that the vast majority of players will be unaffected by this so shouldn’t worry – but for the small percentage of players in non-supported regions, we sympathize with your frustration.

Regards,

-JD

So it looks like you may have to send your HD over to someone in teh uk after all :(

I had the same problem trying to download the Wolfenstein demo, maybe try again after tomorrows scheduled maintenance?...

Thought Id try again now the maintenance has finished and it downloaded fine, you should hopefully have no problems with the CoD map pack now :thumbsup:

Archived