[BBC News] Crashes during TT races increase

Newsbot

Why the use of a racing shot on this article?

Other than the fact that the races were on during the two week period, it has fuck all to do with the matter.

I also question the taste of mentioning the tragic death of JC.

Crass.

What was the percentage increase in the number of bikes on our roads?

"Despite that, the number of fatal collisions reduced from four to one.

"In previous years I have always grouped the serious and fatal collisions statistics together and this year it amounts to 28 against 20 last year. "

So, fatals have dropped by 300% over last year. Not such a juicy headline.

Is this to do with bad riding/driving or there being f**k all to do in Douglas making bikers travel to find their entertainment?

heh, yeah that's it. Nothing to do with the dickheads blasting it around on their jet engined bikes, it's the governments fault for not providing them entertainment!

Thought there was more than one death too. What about the guy under the street sweeper?

Is this to do with bad riding/driving or there being f**k all to do in Douglas making bikers travel to find their entertainment?

heh, yeah that's it. Nothing to do with the dickheads blasting it around on their jet engined bikes, it's the governments fault for not providing them entertainment!

Thought there was more than one death too. What about the guy under the street sweeper?

that was the death as i understand it??? getting fubar but still breathing doesn't count. the death toll only refers to the public on open roads. accidents and deaths during racing have their own stats that get little to no press coverage cos we don't want to have to advertise that the TT races are dangerous.

cos we don't want to have to advertise that the TT races are dangerous.

They ARE dangerous, so is rock climbing, so is taking a shower (and trying to dry your hair at the same time), do you really think anybody is so stupid as to not realise driving a bike about at upto 200MHP is just a little bit dangerous? I'm quite glad the press have not sensationalised the road/race deaths this year.

that was the death as i understand it??? getting fubar but still breathing doesn't count. the death toll only refers to the public on open roads. accidents and deaths during racing have their own stats that get little to no press coverage cos we don't want to have to advertise that the TT races are dangerous.

Na, the article specifically refers to the one fatality as John Crellin.

That's just bad BBC journalism. The Police only released public road accidents, on which there was the roadsweeper death. They have lumped in the TT race death as if that were part of the figures. Bad journalism.

It refers to only one fatality in the races, not on public open roads. The fatality was on the Thursday before practice week and may not count in the Police TT stats.

How many crashes have the locals had over the past 3 days on quieter roads ?.

If you look at the actual figures you will see the headline is slightly misleading, although the number of accidents is up the actual number of injury accidents is down, it is in reality the number of damage only accidents that has risen.

Archived