Mannifest 2009 At The Nunnery

Rocketman

I have also heard the same thing. Steps have already been taken to close the planning down.

I guess if anyone has bought a ticket to get in touch with ticketline and see about a refund.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have just heard from the organiser:-

It is not cancelled. we simply need to sell some tickets to financially support the event. If this does not happen in the next 12-24 hours it may be cancelled.

There's no doubt the festival is in some difficulties but it appears that the organisers are still trying to ensure it takes place.

So Just John, where did you get your information from? Do you know something that the organisers and the rest of us don't know about?

I was told that it was cancelled, but then again 1 hour later I was told that they are now going to see how the ticket sales go in response to the radio interview, so i hope they do sell 400 tickets or so over night, as I would love to see the event go ahead.

I've been wondering about how they were going to staff it. Not seen any adverts for bar staff, security, cleaners etc. I hope the guy organising next years 'Bay' festival (shit name) is taking notes.

I've been wondering about how they were going to staff it. Not seen any adverts for bar staff, security, cleaners etc. I hope the guy organising next years 'Bay' festival (shit name) is taking notes.

pretty much all the people i know who are going are volunteering in some way shape or form ( picking up litter etc ), this gives them free entry for the weekend.

"its a crazy situation"...

all the pleas went out last night didnt they, flyering and facebooking and blogging and emailing - i wonder if it helped? all this kind of promotion should have been done months ago. it could have been AMAZING.

x

an tbh, ive always found when promoting gigs an nights that word of mouth does it every time. most of my friends had only heard it from me or a few others, they had only seen any flyers for on sunday! lying on the floor down by the laughing buddha!

As far as PR goes those boys know what they're doing. Remember the Peel Bay Festival? you could move for hearing about that. I think they were just a bit ambitious to get a tent that holds 10,000 people. I know they've done it again this year but hopefully they've got some other tricks up their sleeves to fill it up.

Tis a shame for sure, but a lot of things aren't quite right with this festival.

1500 were never going to go and see Kosheen & Easy Star All Stars for £50. The only way a raggae act would sell out at the Nunnery is if they had Zombie Bob Marley playing. They seem to be selling it as if these were big name acts, and they just aren't. Especially to people who aren't that into the whole music scene. Imagine if they had the Kaiser Chiefs headlining this thing? Suddenly £50 seems quite cheap for the whole weekend and it would have probably sold out in 30 minutes.

Anyone checked out Jersey Live? (http://www.jerseylive.org.uk/) That should be the way forward for a festival on the Island.

I feel very sorry for the local bands who were meant to be playing.

Archived