Mannifest 2009 At The Nunnery

Rocketman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent nite there last nite, lots of weird and wonderful people enjoying themselves, kids running round playing and some good music played (end of Lost Soldiers set was very good).

Atmosphere was probably biggest plus of the evening. Not even a hint of problems or kick offs. Security staff hardly had anything to do and only one smiling copper wandering round all evening.

Are the powers that be in the Isle of Man finally succumbing to the fact that people can party without the need for them to be heavy handed and look for excuses to stop it?! Hope so and hope it happens next year as it has the potential to be much bigger and more successful.

The Easy Star All Stars were fantastic, - certainly one of the best bands I have ever seen on the Island - the atmosphere was very good - everyone smiling and having a good one.

Hope it can be done again next year.

i'm heading down l8er. i'm heading over the wall. if its costing any more then £20. lmao.

Considering its for charity i think thats the best thing you could do. This is why you are the forum prick.

Oi, I`m the forum prick and dont you forget it.

Personally I had a really great time at Mannifest, first playing on friday night and then watching bands/artists yesterday.

Yes there were some problems with the set times on the friday night but all you can ask is that organisers learn for next time round. The nunnary is lovely a location, and when the sun finally came out yesterday the site looked great and the atmosphere was ace.

I have to say all the local bands/artists i saw played fantastic sets. Notably i've never heard Maldune sound better than what they did on friday, Uber Room & Behavors played blinding sets yesterday. Gutted i missed Grambo though :-(

Matt Shepard has fast become my favourite solo artist, and his duet with Jenniffer Kuhn was stunning.

I didnt realise just how many Kosheen songs I new till friday night, really enjoyable. Didnt see Easy Stars, went to watch the excellent Trash5 at the Traff instead.

The sound in the main tent was great, excellent soundmen.

Shame the films didnt happen, but hopefully next time they'll be included. I'm sure there willbe plenty of people who'll quote all types of figures to suggest that Mannifest was not a success, but for me it was a great weekend and im sure im not alone in that opinion.

Its fair to say that some of the organisation in the run up to the weekend was not what it shouldve been. But as I said earlier, as long as the management learn for next time round then im sure things can go from strength to strength. Getting Larna (ShesWithTheBand) involved in liasing between management and bands would be a great addition, she worked really hard on friday helping both stage management and bands.

Roll on next year!

Archived