Island's Future As A Finance Centre

nipper

(I can't be bothered with qualifying this with a source, please treat is as a "fact")

:lol: that's my nomination post of the year so far....

Yeah, yeah but I think everyone gets the gist :rolleyes:

No they don't Chris. There's a lot of trolling, flaming & put-downs in this forum, and if you are not prepared to quote your source then you will be in the firing line of those whose surfing hobby it is to have a go at the likes of you!

I have read this post with great interest as it demonstrates that there are those in the Forum with brains & experience who can engage in a lively discussion with others on a topic of real interest & concern to the IoM. The powers that be are desperately concerned to stand on the world stage posing like knights in shining armour proclaiming themselves as the upholders & defenders of financial institutions that they believe to be squeeky clean, honest, open & transparent in the services they provide. One of the principal criticisms of off-shore financial centres is that ethics in the conduct of their business is not a guiding principle in the acquisition of their wealth (ref: the questionable involvement of certain finance houses in the Antiguan corruption scam scandal. The hard evidence is sub judice but will be out in the open when prosecutions take place in due course)

Well, it's quite right that unsubstantiated claims should be qualified by a source, but I just couldn't be arsed to Google for one in this instance as I think it's commonly accepted billions of pounds go through tax havens. If anyone doesn't want to believe this it's really up to them.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(I can't be bothered with qualifying this with a source, please treat is as a "fact")

No they don't Chris. There's a lot of trolling, flaming & put-downs in this forum, and if you are not prepared to quote your source then you will be in the firing line of those whose surfing hobby it is to have a go at the likes of you!

I have read this post with great interest as it demonstrates that there are those in the Forum with brains & experience who can engage in a lively discussion with others on a topic of real interest & concern to the IoM. The powers that be are desperately concerned to stand on the world stage posing like knights in shining armour proclaiming themselves as the upholders & defenders of financial institutions that they believe to be squeeky clean, honest, open & transparent in the services they provide. One of the principal criticisms of off-shore financial centres is that ethics in the conduct of their business is not a guiding principle in the acquisition of their wealth (ref: the questionable involvement of certain finance houses in the Antiguan corruption scam scandal. The hard evidence is sub judice but will be out in the open when prosecutions take place in due course)

Well, it's quite right that unsubstantiated claims should be qualified by a source, but I just couldn't be arsed to Google for one in this instance as I think it's commonly accepted billions of pounds go through tax havens. If anyone doesn't want to believe this it's really up to them.

The IOMT must get its 300+million in reserves from somewhere because it has little other sources of income.

The IOMT must get its 300+million in reserves from somewhere because it has little other sources of income.

With the judgement made by the Deputy Deemster today I cant think of anyone who would want to ever put their money into the IOM.

With the judgement made by the Deputy Deemster today I cant think of anyone who would want to ever put their money into the IOM.

Well thankfully you won't. So why don't you just piss off back to where you came from and stop embarrassing yourself with your purile accusations on these boards.

Well thankfully you won't. So why don't you just piss off back to where you came from and stop embarrassing yourself with your purile accusations on these boards.

Thanks for that

You are right of course I wont put any more money into the IOM they have not proved themselves trustworthy custodians of my life savings and that of 10000 + other people either.

However Im not embarrassing myself . I am telling the truth as it is and i know the truth may by unpalatable but there you are.

After all no one is forcing you to read it.

All my money's in banks in the Isle of Man and so is my wife's.

I think it's a fuckin tremendous place.

Take my advice bank with a bank that is backed by the British government - as I expect you have.

BTW

There were a lot of Manx residents who lost their money too .

Since when has it been wrong to SAVE and be prudent?

But you weren't prudent, were you, Bellyache?

You stupidly put all your eggs in one basket, which is something that only complete idiots do.

You are an imprudent, greedy, grasping, spongeing, lying, little shyster. Nobody has any time for you. So go away, and get a job, and if you save any money, spread it around and don't seek the highest return from the dodgiest bank.

And before you say what I know you are going to say, over 3,000 banks have gone bust in the US, taking their savers with them. Which is MUCH more sensible than bailing out complete nitwits who don't take responsibility for their own affairs, but expect everybody else to help them out when their stupidity and greed gets them into trouble.

S

Since when has it been wrong to SAVE and be prudent?

You stupidly put all your eggs in one basket, which is something that only complete idiots do.

You are an imprudent, greedy, grasping, spongeing, lying, little shyster. Nobody has any time for you. So go away, and get a job, and if you save any money, spread it around and don't seek the highest return from the dodgiest bank.

S

Only if the basket in the ISLE OF MAN .

Everywhere else took good care of the people who trusted them them with their savings

By falling back as usual on personal abuse it shows that you have no argument (as usual.)

You are also sending out wonderful messages of confidence to those who even for a second considered the IOM as a safe financial centre.

Everywhere else took good care of the people who trusted them them with their savings

You have been busted for this lie countless times before. Stop it

Tudder /Sedof

Please dont judge others by yourself

We don't. You are proof that not everyone is sensible and honest.

S

Thanks for that

You are right of course I wont put any more money into the IOM they have not proved themselves trustworthy custodians of my life savings and that of 10000 + other people either.

However Im not embarrassing myself . I am telling the truth as it is and i know the truth may by unpalatable but there you are.

After all no one is forcing you to read it.

But you are forcing people to read it. You post something about KSF in every bloody thread whether its relevant to that thread or not. You really are just some sad old pain in the ass with an axe to grind.

Everywhere else took good care of the people who trusted them them with their savings.

Everywhere? What about America?

By falling back as usual on personal abuse it shows that you have no argument (as usual.)

Personal abuse? No. Just an accurate description of a very unsavoury character.

Imprudent? Yes, you were certainly that.

Greedy? You put all your money where the interest rate was highest.

Grasping? You are trying to force others to bail you out.

Spongeing? You want to live off IOM tax-payers.

Lying? You never stop.

Little shyster? You are deliberately trying to falsify the facts to try to force other people to come to your rescue.

You have done huge damage to your cause, and that of other KSF depositors.

S

Archived