[BBC News] TT sidecar crash 'caused by hare'

Newsbot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again a reminder of how fragile life and a way of life is. :(

Especially if you choose to hammer fast bikes around country lanes at stupid speeds. In fact, that doesn't sound fragile at all.

I agree. Go ahead and race round as quick as you like. Just don't expect others to litterally pick up the peices after the inevitable happens. As quite correctly put, life is fragile and if you decide to risk some thing so fragile then ensure you have the correct insurnace to protect you and your family, esp the family that could be left should you die or have to support you if you are unable to work. It is good that people support the fundraising, but I do think the other people injured and those families that lost loved ones in this years races should also benefit from it. Without wishihg to sound harsh, whats makes the Crowe team more deserving than the others.

Once again a reminder of how fragile life and a way of life is. :(

Especially if you choose to hammer fast bikes around country lanes at stupid speeds. In fact, that doesn't sound fragile at all.

I agree. Go ahead and race round as quick as you like. Just don't expect others to litterally pick up the peices after the inevitable happens. As quite correctly put, life is fragile and if you decide to risk some thing so fragile then ensure you have the correct insurnace to protect you and your family, esp the family that could be left should you die or have to support you if you are unable to work. It is good that people support the fundraising, but I do think the other people injured and those families that lost loved ones in this years races should also benefit from it. Without wishihg to sound harsh, whats makes the Crowe team more deserving than the others.

whats makes the Crowe team more deserving?? maybe nothing to some people? but obviously something to his friends and family. on the sharing the proceeds with others front ( that's how i read your point?? ), there is absolutely nothing stopping friends or family of other incident victims from organising fundraisers on their behalf. if they haven't?? that is up to them. what i find really cruel about the whole thing is it wasn't rider error or mechanical failure or even a lack of respect for the road conditions, it was nothing that could be considered part of the 'they know the risks' etc etc. it was something that was not legislatable for or part of the accepted risks of racing. totally unfair.

what i find really cruel about the whole thing is it wasn't rider error or mechanical failure or even a lack of respect for the road conditions, it was nothing that could be considered part of the 'they know the risks' etc etc. it was something that was not legislatable for or part of the accepted risks of racing. totally unfair.

That statement WTF couldn't have been put any better :)

Insurance wise how does that work?

Is hitting a hare the rider/pilots fault or under some get out twist an "act of god".....

If there is cover in place (can't be arsed reading all the guff about it here), then it'll be for injuries/loss of earnings. It won't be a case of determining who is liable (i.e. whose fault it was), like normal motor insurance. I don't think contributory negligence would apply to such a policy, it'd be pointless if it did.

If you suffered serious injuries crashing into a hare in your Ford Focus, you're unlikely to get a payout for injuries/loss of earnings under normal motor insurance (although personal injury cover is often available as an add-on and may be standard on some comprehensive policies).

As mentioned earlier, there have been previous incidents of this nature on the course.

A solution seems very difficult in fact I'd suggest impossible.

whats makes the Crowe team more deserving?? maybe nothing to some people? but obviously something to his friends and family. on the sharing the proceeds with others front ( that's how i read your point?? ), there is absolutely nothing stopping friends or family of other incident victims from organising fundraisers on their behalf.

Exactly, you make the choice which charity to support when you donate.

what i find really cruel about the whole thing is it wasn't rider error or mechanical failure or even a lack of respect for the road conditions, it was nothing that could be considered part of the 'they know the risks' etc etc. it was something that was not legislatable for or part of the accepted risks of racing. totally unfair.

Don't agree with this though, seems to come straight out of the 'speed doesn't kill' camp. When you go at those sorts of speeds, you're at risk from all sorts of random occurrences.

Archived