[BBC News] TT sidecar crash 'caused by hare'

Newsbot

It's road racing. Roads are covered in dead animals. If you race on the road, you get wild animals. There's nothing anyone can do about it, and you can't make a wild animal run in the direction you want it to by making a loud noise somewhere. Get a grip.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good train of thought there WTF with regards to preperation of the roads. What about those devices that farmers use to stave off birds etc from crops. It sounds like a gun shot that goes off periodically (spelling ??) may they could be set up around the course to deter wildlife???????

I understand what you say about support etc for the Crowe etc. I suppose I am just to soppy and wish that everyone injured could be thought about and have the same treatment regardless of how much support from family to family differ. I just hope all those involved in any accident manage tyo cope one or another. My thought s, for what they are worth are with them all.

Ahem!

Did John McGuinness have to swerve to avoid a hare earlier in the day in the same area? (or is my memory playing tricks?)

Is there something that can be done to try to discourage wild animals from the road?

*feeling like that Arrabella Weir character on the Fast Show who got ignored in favour of the boys...*

Hi Sarahc

Sorry I wasn't ignoring your comment. I am also a female! This is my hubbies account! I vcan't register as myslef due to the same email ad. :rolleyes:

The TT's a bit of a Mickey Mouse affair really isn't it? At least, when it comes to the wellbeing of it's participants.

I totally agree.

Given that it's such a 'World Famous' event, the whole 'after care' issue needs to be looked at on an official level.

At the moment it seems to be lacking on many levels and left to voluntary concerns to step in when needed.

No insult intended to those who take up the cause but they should not be left to do it alone as seems to be the case.

I agree too....the whole thing seems very unprofessional and amateur, you wouldn't get crap like this at BSB,WSB or motoGP it seems it's only now beginning to drag it's ass into the 21st century....our DTL ministers and top people look like embarressing uncles dancing at a weddding when they get interviewed....welcome to redneck racing on the good ol' islaman...yeehaw!!!! :lol:

The TT's a bit of a Mickey Mouse affair really isn't it? At least, when it comes to the wellbeing of it's participants.

I totally agree.

Given that it's such a 'World Famous' event, the whole 'after care' issue needs to be looked at on an official level.

At the moment it seems to be lacking on many levels and left to voluntary concerns to step in when needed.

No insult intended to those who take up the cause but they should not be left to do it alone as seems to be the case.

I agree too....the whole thing seems very unprofessional and amateur, you wouldn't get crap like this at BSB,WSB or motoGP it seems it's only now beginning to drag it's ass into the 21st century....our DTL ministers and top people look like embarressing uncles dancing at a weddding when they get interviewed....welcome to redneck racing on the good ol' islaman...yeehaw!!!! :lol:

Thats what happens when you have amateur's running the show, it would be great to have young and fresh blood in the place of the old farts making the decisions that effect the whole Island.

you wouldn't get crap like this at BSB,WSB or motoGP

I don't know, how are casualties looked after in the event of serious injuries in those disciplines? They are presumably much rarer what with the grids being so sparsely populated in comparison to the TT and I can see insurance companies assessing them as much lower risk. But I'm only guessing.

Archived