[BBC News] TT sidecar crash 'caused by hare'

Newsbot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the on board cameras and the helicopter following, surely someone must know exactly what happened.

Yes. But they've been seized by the undercover squad. He hit a hare OK. That's all you need to know.

why!!!!!!

Please cut it out, you have not got any idea how Bad the injuries are of Nick Crowe

o come on its a little harmless banter, im sure its not hurting anyone

yes the injuries are bad and i woulden wish them on any of the riders and i hope thay make a full recovory,

and i bet in years to come or even now there has been jokes cracked by close mates and family bout the hare

but thay know the sport thay take part in is dangerous,

speedy recovery to the lads

but i bet it was a hare raiseing moment

I heard that one racing or practice session this year was delayed due to a cow being on the track. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of fauna to be avoided whilst flat out on a bike. I guess this is what makes the TT the greatest road race in the world. We should get Rolf Harris involved for some more Rossi like publicity.

With the on board cameras and the helicopter following, surely someone must know exactly what happened.

Yes. But they've been seized by the undercover squad. He hit a hare OK. That's all you need to know.

why!!!!!!

Please cut it out, you have not got any idea how Bad the injuries are of Nick Crowe

yes the injuries are bad and i woulden wish them on any of the riders and i hope thay make a full recovory,

and i bet in years to come or even now there has been jokes cracked by close mates and family bout the hare

but i bet it was a hare raiseing moment

'recovery'?? for quite a while this will be one of those 'you can't say that' threads cos lots of people know him and he's a local hero and genuine nice guy and it's too close to home etc. when you do 'KNOW' what the results from the injuries are it may be a bit clearer as to why for many people the 'harmless banter' stage has not arrived yet. and for quite a few it will be a long time coming , if ever!!

Will we be seeing invitations to tender for 'Supply of 76 miles of rabbit proof fence' for next years races? Maybe we could import some foxes to get rid of the critters, or Elma Thud even.

On the TV there was coverage of thumper trying to avoid the bikes, even McGuinness tried to get it and missed. (late night tampering by bunny put that to a stop).

It's a road race and, inevitably, wildlife will get in the way sometimes. Sympathies for the racers and the end of careers but there a quite a few victims this year that we must remember.

To an extent I agree. We are forever told that those who enter know it is dangerous accept the risks etc etc. Whilst it is upsetting for their family and freiends they went into this knowing and accepting the risks and whilst I would hope everybody is largely respectful and not callous or malicous I see no reason why it should not be a topic that should be off limits.

I am sorry they or anybody gets injured or killed but we are forever we are told they knew and accepted the risks. I am sorry if anybody gets offended by comments on here or by some peoples indifference to the matter but again you know the risks when you log on.

Ultimately they are probably better off than many in a similar situation as they appear to be have a reasonable amount of local support willing to raise funds for them and their families which I am sure many in a similar situation do not

To an extent I agree. We are forever told that those who enter know it is dangerous accept the risks etc etc. Whilst it is upsetting for their family and freiends they went into this knowing and accepting the risks and whilst I would hope everybody is largely respectful and not callous or malicous I see no reason why it should not be a topic that should be off limits.

I am sorry they or anybody gets injured or killed but we are forever we are told they knew and accepted the risks. I am sorry if anybody gets offended by comments on here or by some peoples indifference to the matter but again you know the risks when you log on.

Ultimately they are probably better off than many in a similar situation as they appear to be have a reasonable amount of local support willing to raise funds for them and their families which I am sure many in a similar situation do not

I was thinking of posting the same thing, but you've done a much better job of my attempts at replying.

It's always best not to get offended on behalf of someone else. Nobody's poking fun at the riders, or their families. From the sound of things they're lucky to be alive, and I wish them well.

Anyway, enough rabbiting on from me...

why!!!!!!

You could not be further from the truth, none of Nicks family or friends are cracking any jokes over what caused the accident. Comments that are being made here are starting to upset others and that includes a very close family member that is very active on this forum.

As I have already said Nicks injuries are very bad and when they do come out in the public domain you will then maybe understand how upsetting some of the comments are.

We all enjoy a bit of banter, but this is not the time or place.

Please.

You could not be further from the truth, none of Nicks family or friends are cracking any jokes over what caused the accident. Comments that are being made here are starting to upset others and that includes a very close family member that is very active on this forum.

As I have already said Nicks injuries are very bad and when they do come out in the public domain you will then maybe understand how upsetting some of the comments are.

We all enjoy a bit of banter, but this is not the time or place.

Please.

Has anyone actually said they're genuinely upset by anything in this thread?

Y'know, sometimes, humour is a way of showing support and empathy. This thread would have sparked about half a dozen witticisms and then fizzled out. But now it is becoming hostile due to to the defensive attitude displayed by you Lee 54.

As you so rightly point out. No public knowledge is available concerning the nature of any injuries just yet. There are those who are concerned, but instead of just shrugging and moving on are treading water and chatting amongst themselves while they wait for the information. When that happens, then no doubt they will be the very same people who will throw their weight behind any fundraising endeavers.

Archived