[BBC News] TT sidecar crash 'caused by hare'

Newsbot

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just had a PM from Lee54, I quote

"No competitor can start or enter a Race at the TT unless they show proof that they have insurance Fact. The insurance covers any third party claims, it also covers repatriation and medical costs. Riders can also take out insurance with American Combine at a cost of £112 pa, This cover pays out approx £200 per dat while in hospital, it also pays out for loss of limbs ect, it also pays out after leaving hospital".

Must say £112 pa doesn't seem much considering the number of come offs these lads have.

So let me get it right.....if they have paid £112 pa, they should be getting approx £200 per day whilst in hospital - so again, why the need to fundraise more?

I presume the lack of publicity for fundraising for other injured riders means they have alternative methods of cover whilst injured for their bills, families etc?

Well maybe it is time that the guys who race must be covered incase of things like this?

We all know they are very brave but if you have a family and dependants surely you should have something in place to cover this ?

I am not trying to stop people from giving, if i was a racer i would make sure if i had a family to surport i would have so sort of back up. :huh:

The Isle of Man government, and therefore all of us, should pay out realistic and considerable sums for ALL injured and killed riders. We encourage them to race here in order to make a load of money out of it all. So we should be responsible for them and their dependents.

So what were their 'horrific' injuries, or can't that be asked?

im surpised it hasent been relesed yet,

have to say thay are bad, some could say shocking, but still at depths as why its not in the public eye yet

Maybe it's none of our business. No need to gossip.

on that note nor are the details of any of the winners and lap times but we keep getting johnny macs exploits shoved down our throats, why are we allowed that info which is FUCK ALL to do with us too?? forums exist to discuss OTHER peoples business and interests. and a split arse that doesn't think gossip is necessary?? this is cuckoo land..

on that note nor are the details of any of the winners and lap times but we keep getting johnny macs exploits shoved down our throats, why are we allowed that info which is FUCK ALL to do with us too?? forums exist to discuss OTHER peoples business and interests. and a split arse that doesn't think gossip is necessary?? this is cuckoo land..

It's quite a normal human trait to want to know about who wins races, and how fast they went.

Your apparent obsession with finding out details of someone else's horrendous injuries is quite worrying.

I would happily do what I can to help the lads out.If anyone connected to them is reading this I might have a venue you could use to raise funds.Send me a pm...As a side note least the money is going to the families,not swallowed up in wages

It's quite a normal human trait to want to know about who wins races, and how fast they went.

Your apparent obsession with finding out details of someone else's horrendous injuries is quite worrying.

it is also quite normal to be curious about injuries too. i have no obsession with finding out, but curiosity about such things will always be there. as it happens i already know what is likely the 'important' stuff as i know some family members of Mr Crowe quite well. what i haven't done is post this info ANYWHERE. it isn't very often that a fund raiser is organised without the details of the injuries that have brought forth the need for help being in the public domain ?? so the fund raiser itself brings forth the question for many people?? look at the details that hit the press re Mr Bellis and the Girl ( sorry i can't remeber her name ) with the brain tumour!! all layed out so people knew why.

To be honest, it's also a human trait to want to find out about injuries, deaths etc. That's why people rubberneck at the scene of accidents.

However, there is a difference between discussing these things privately with a mate in the pub and discussing them on a public forum.

Best wishes to Nick and Mark.

I know that it's human nature to want to know about things like that too, but I've found WTF's constant angry comments about it somewhat irritating and over and above what I would consider general human curiousity.

The reply to SarahC was particularly frothing at the mouthish and unnecessary particularly the bit about "split-arse" gossiping.

If and when the people who have the right to divulge information about the extent of the injuries decide to do so then that's fine, but if they would rather that the details were kept private then have some respect for them. We don't have any right to the details otherwise.

I know that it's human nature to want to know about things like that too, but I've found WTF's constant angry comments about it somewhat irritating and over and above what I would consider general human curiousity.

The reply to SarahC was particularly frothing at the mouthish and unnecessary particularly the bit about "split-arse" gossiping.

If and when the people who have the right to divulge information about the extent of the injuries decide to do so then that's fine, but if they would rather that the details were kept private then have some respect for them. We don't have any right to the details otherwise.

Then why are we being asked to raise funds?

Unfortunately, people will speculate if no information is given out, more so out of concern than malice!

Best Wishes to Nick, Mark and families.

Then why are we being asked to raise funds?

Unfortunately, people will speculate if no information is given out, more so out of concern than malice!

Best Wishes to Nick, Mark and families.

People are being asked to raise funds because they're seriously injured and will be unable to provide for their family as a result. It's been stated enough times already and I don't understand why this isn't enough for some people and they need the details.

Also no one has been speculating about the injuries that I've seen or heard here or elsewhere, so not sure what your point is there? The issue is about whether people need to know the specific details of what the injuries are or not, and I'm sorry but I would "speculate" that most people don't want to know that out of concern for Nick and Mark but out of their own morbid curiosity.

Archived