[BBC News] TT entertainment shows defended

Newsbot

The Manx government says it had positive feedback on the TT entertainment, despite complaints over cuts in the programme.

No

It says 'some'

However, the article fails to elucidate.

Mr Quayle, you could not be more full of shit if you tried.

EVERYONE I spoke to over the TT said the IOMG were just trying to herd everyone into the pay to view events at the Villa, and had 'abandonded' the Prom but left all the restrictions (police everywhere, barriers, doughnut and die policy) in place; leaving visitors with a choice, pay through the nose for shit bands, or do nothing at all.

Here are some tips for you.

Your mother is NOT an expert cosultant in the field of popular music.

The Promenade is NOT a road to the Villa, it is the HEART of the TT spirit, show it some fucking respect.

Busheys is not a pub, or a tent, it is a fucking institution, show IT some fucking respect.

Martin has been dealing with TT visitors a LOT longer than you have been in office matey boy, and although his choice of hired goons for this years event was questionable, on the whole they run a pretty decent gig.

You on the other hand could not plan a piss up in his brewery.

Overall, I think someone else on here had a pretty good idea, spam MCN (and german/french media etc etc) NOW with an advert for TT2010, point them to somewhere like tt.gov.im/yourviews and lay out a questionaire regarding what the visitors really want to see at the TT outside of racing.

Honest, open like...

'In your opinion, is the approach of the authorities regarding 'burnouts' and 'wheelies' a) Heavy handed b) about right c) All officers should have baseball bats to deal with them properly.'

or

'Who would you consider paying to see while at the TT a) AC/DC b) Pan Pipes Live c) The TT planning comittee birched'

or maybe

'Do you like paying more to visit the Isle of Man than it would cost you to charter a shuttle to the moon? a) Yes, I think the IOMSPA deserve another linkspan for their trouble. b) I will answer once I have castrated myself with this hammer c) How much C4 can I jam into this fuel tank.

Personally i think you clownshoe wearing bunch of muppets in the Government want the TT gone so you can focus on sweating businesses for taxes, and taking backhanders for white elephants.

Dear Bill Gates. Please can I have some of your money?

(Just want to see if this whole 'writing on the internet to people' instead of actually contacting them really works)

EVERYONE I spoke to over the TT said the IOMG were just trying to herd everyone into the pay to view events at the Villa, and had 'abandonded' the Prom but left all the restrictions (police everywhere, barriers, doughnut and die policy) in place; leaving visitors with a choice, pay through the nose for shit bands, or do nothing at all.

The Promenade is NOT a road to the Villa, it is the HEART of the TT spirit, show it some fucking respect.

Busheys is not a pub, or a tent, it is a fucking institution, show IT some fucking respect.

Martin has been dealing with TT visitors a LOT longer than you have been in office matey boy, and although his choice of hired goons for this years event was questionable, on the whole they run a pretty decent gig.

Overall, I think someone else on here had a pretty good idea, spam MCN (and german/french media etc etc) NOW with an advert for TT2010, point them to somewhere like tt.gov.im/yourviews and lay out a questionaire regarding what the visitors really want to see at the TT outside of racing.

Honest, open like...

'In your opinion, is the approach of the authorities regarding 'burnouts' and 'wheelies' a) Heavy handed b) about right c) All officers should have baseball bats to deal with them properly.'

or

'Who would you consider paying to see while at the TT a) AC/DC b) Pan Pipes Live c) The TT planning comittee birched'

or maybe

'Do you like paying more to visit the Isle of Man than it would cost you to charter a shuttle to the moon? a) Yes, I think the IOMSPA deserve another linkspan for their trouble. b) I will answer once I have castrated myself with this hammer c) How much C4 can I jam into this fuel tank.

Personally i think you clownshoe wearing bunch of muppets in the Government want the TT gone so you can focus on sweating businesses for taxes, and taking backhanders for white elephants.

I hope I remember this when post of the year nominations come round again

The Manx government says it had positive feedback on the TT entertainment, despite complaints over cuts in the programme.

No

It says 'some'

However, the article fails to elucidate.

Yes, I'm sure probably most of the people who went to the Whitesnake concert enjoyed it, although feeling underwhelmed for the rest of the fortnight. I suppose that constitutes "positive feeedback" in Govt eyes.

From my perspective he's done a grand job. The TT entertainment cost a million quid less, the prom was free of shell suited chavs pissing away their dole on overpriced rides, and I got to see Whitesnake. Result!

I heard the bike racing thingy went ok too?

Honest, open like...

or

or maybe

Great post Siletntbob.! Everything I wanted to say but done well!

One ray of light though from Quayle was the quote "I acknowledge and accept that the changes to the programme meant that there was not the same atmosphere and buzz on Douglas Promenade as in previous years and this was missed by both residents and TT fans."

I don't know whether this was a half arsed apology or a promise to do better next time.

We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

just like the rubbish with the electric bike practices - half assed attempt at saying sorry without saying it

To be fair on the man, he had a lot less dosh to play with than the minister of teh fun did last year.

just like the rubbish with the electric bike practices - half assed attempt at saying sorry without saying it

To be fair on the man, he had a lot less dosh to play with than the minister of teh fun did last year.

But the entertainment outside Bushy's was going to be paid for by Martin whatshisname.

For some reason :rolleyes: road closure orders were not approved.

Gang of corrupt, fiddling, conniving bastards,(allegedly).

I can't believe that a big screen outside Bushy's is going to cost more than bringing over a load of bands and putting the villa on high security

I can't believe that a big screen outside Bushy's is going to cost more than bringing over a load of bands and putting the villa on high security

Like I said, it would have cost us taxpayers nowt.

Archived