Lamp Posts

Pontius

I see that in today's Courier, the Corpy is selling "a quantity of 30 or more early 20thC and later Gas and Electric cast iron street lamp posts". Curious - if not quirky! Have they found the ones that allegedly disappeared a few years back?

I wonder how much trace of dog's piss one would find engrained into the lower parts.

Not much, the rain washes it off. Whether you would find an increase in uric acid crystals bound the the ferrous oxide in the cast iron is a question you'd need to ask of a dog piss scientist.

Hope this helps. :)

dog piss scientist.

Now I now what to study for my PhD!

I shall be one of the few dog piss scientists.

Cool.

It's old school now my friend.

Cutting edge science is carried out by dog shit scientists. Unfortunately, you really need to study on an island where there is unfettered access to a plentiful supple of dog shits. Just lying around on the streets etc.

Good luck in your studies!

I see that in today's Courier, the Corpy is selling "a quantity of 30 or more early 20thC and later Gas and Electric cast iron street lamp posts". Curious - if not quirky! Have they found the ones that allegedly disappeared a few years back?

8. Cast Iron Lighting Columns

Members queried the efforts which are being made to dispose of the redundant cast iron lighting

columns currently stored at Snugborough Industrial Estate. Two Members indicated that they wished

to purchase one or two columns to provide lighting in their own gardens. They asked how much it

would cost to purchase these and started to discuss details of how they could be moved. The Chairman

stopped the discussion as inappropriate.

http://www.douglas.gov.im/minutes/325.pdf

Archived