Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mmmmm Aqua.

The Sunday extravaganza gets announced tomorrow morning. If it's this 80's thing could every member on here please spam this address demanding Planes Over Paris are main support for one of the other nights :) Don't mention we're a local act as they will ignore it right away.

feedback@bayfestival.im

I think they did a cracking promotion job but the devil is in the detail.

I'm starting to get a feeling it could be an anti climax now.

oh the Promotion last time was tremendous and should be a master class in how to do an event properly, but you can't polish a turd and if you've booked Rick Astley you'll only make me hate him more if he's at the bottom of my pint on a beer mat.

I think they did a cracking promotion job but the devil is in the detail.

I'm starting to get a feeling it could be an anti climax now.

I agree their publicity and promotion is cracking but it does make a rod for their own back as if they constantly hype it up and promise a festival and "A" list international stars etc then unless that is what they deliver there is going to be negative feed back. This is especially the case as they requested input on who to try and book and at one point were looking at having joe public as ambassadors to help them and get feed cack both ways. I am not sure if this happened

It is a shame as anybody who is trying to put anything on in the Island should be encouraged whether or not the bands are my cup of tea or not, current artists or has beans.

Having just looked at the latest blog on Isle of Man Bay Festival I read into this that we're to expect Boy George to make an appearance in the 80's Here and Now gig and Diversity dancing about on the Sunday afternoon.

http://blog.bayfestival.im/

Please tell me this isn't the case and I've mis-read this!!!!!!!

I fear not. I really want to be positive about the whole thing as I take my hat off to anyone who is willing to put their neck on the line in the name of entertainment for the Isle of Man. God knows we spend enough just trying to get to great gigs in the UK so the thought that these would be on our door step for a couple of days in June was most welcome. All we've heard from these people are promises of 'A list' artists but if the best they can do is some 80s throwbacks & the winners of a talent competition, then I'm afraid they've pissed on their own chips as far as I'm concerned. Oh let's hope they prove us wrong & they live up to their own hype.

Having just looked at the latest blog on Isle of Man Bay Festival I read into this that we're to expect Boy George to make an appearance in the 80's Here and Now gig and Diversity dancing about on the Sunday afternoon.

http://blog.bayfestival.im/

Please tell me this isn't the case and I've mis-read this!!!!!!!

Interesting strategy - breaking your own embargo (albeit with hints) - way to get the media on your side

As for this:

as you will recall from recent press we had reached agreement with Boyzone for an exclusive re-union to play Friday, 18th June. The full agreement was just literally agreed at 3pm on that Friday and then very sadly Stephen Gately passed away on the Saturday. This was extremely upsetting for his family, friends and fans. After the initial shock it left us with a few headaches for us as promoters. How to fill the void… we were asked to hold it over for two weeks as the band went through their grieving process. The two weeks is now up so we expect a decision anytime now. If they decide not to continue we have a very good alternative band in mind.

It seems they can barely hide their frustration that Stephen Gately had the temerity to go and die when he had such an important gig coming up...the faux hand-wringing is distasteful in the extreme and a very bad call - Jan Moir eat your heart out!

SUNDAY AFTERNOON SHOW

X FACTOR MEETS BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT

Starring...

* DIVERSITY

* LEON JACKSON

* SIGNATURE

* EOGHAN QUIGG

* GEORGE SAMPSON

* RUTH LORENZO

* ...and YES, STAVROS FLATLEY!

Who are these people? Seriously I've never heard of any of them?

SUNDAY EVENING SHOW

'LAST NIGHT AT THE PARK STONKING 80s PARTY'

Starring...

* BOY GEORGE

* RICK ASTLEY

* BELINDA CARLISLE

* KIM WILDE

* CUTTING CREW

* CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

* THE REAL THING

:whatever:

I really want to be positive about the whole thing as I take my hat off to anyone who is willing to put their neck on the line in the name of entertainment for the Isle of Man.

All we've heard from these people are promises of 'A list' artists but if the best they can do is some 80s throwbacks & the winners of a talent competition, then I'm afraid they've pissed on their own chips as far as I'm concerned. Oh let's hope they prove us wrong & they live up to their own hype.

Totally agreed. To be honest I had always been slightly sceptical that we could really do a "festival" in the IoM rather just a series of gigs for various reasons. However Jersey seem to manage it very well with a main stage, dance area, acouple of other stages/tents.

In my opinion if we could virtually replicate on the Island what Jersey have done then we would have virtually cracked it. You also have a model to follow in terms of size, bands etc so that you have something to base your plans on, receive advise from which must make it much easier starting up.

From their monthly newsletter....

We can also guarantee that the headline for each night will be a major A Listed artist.

Note they didn't say when they were an A Listed artist <_<

I doubt anyone will have won their 'predict the headline acts over 3 nights' competition as I would presume I, like many others, were thinking A list, not A-tiz list!

Archived