Bay Festival

bluemonday

To be honest, all the bollocks spouted out by the organisers had the alarm bells ringing for me. There's still time to salvage things, Friday and Saturday's line up are yet to be revealed, but suffice to say Sunday is a load of shite, and for that reason, I'm out.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. You would've thought the first act they announce would be 'big' to get people talking and building the hype up even more. Unless the save the best until last.

More than likely the act(s) announced will just be the ones posted in this thread.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON SHOW

X FACTOR MEETS BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT

Starring...

* DIVERSITY

* LEON JACKSON

* SIGNATURE

* EOGHAN QUIGG

* GEORGE SAMPSON

* RUTH LORENZO

* ...and YES, STAVROS FLATLEY!

Who are these people? Seriously I've never heard of any of them?

SUNDAY EVENING SHOW

'LAST NIGHT AT THE PARK STONKING 80s PARTY'

Starring...

* BOY GEORGE

* RICK ASTLEY

* BELINDA CARLISLE

* KIM WILDE

* CUTTING CREW

* CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

* THE REAL THING

:whatever:

They deserve and will get a right slating!

Sorry, I was expecting better.

I can only presume the organisers have led a sheltered life.

Dire. I'd go see the 80's stuff for a giggle for a fiver, but 40 quid+, na.

Why are they playing the advert over and over on manx radio? Is it because people can't believe how shit it is?

As far as I heard they're still waiting from a reply from Boyzone for the Friday due to what has happened.

Saturday is the 'Indie/Rock' act which hasn't yet been announced and 'should' be in a few weeks. When this was first announced i'm sure he said 'same world class acts as The Who.. LOL.

As they said originally there would be something for everyone which is fair enough. So what for the Saturday a past it act like the rest? Even if Boyzone don't play there will be another 'pop' act. Probably someone else who has past it too.

I'm quite content with this announcement. Both lineups have given me the low expectations I was waiting for. I can only think that they're saving money on the Sunday because there's something massive for one of the other two days. Bigger than The Who though? That was a bold bold statement.

My predictions for the friday and saturday now are:

Friday: If no Boyzone I say Ronan will have pulled strings and they'll get Westlife.

Saturday: There's only one man with enough hits to come close to The Who, that would be in budget...... Weller!

I'm quite content with this announcement. Both lineups have given me the low expectations I was waiting for. I can only think that they're saving money on the Sunday because there's something massive for one of the other two days. Bigger than The Who though? That was a bold bold statement.

My predictions for the friday and saturday now are:

Friday: If no Boyzone I say Ronan will have pulled strings and they'll get Westlife.

Saturday: There's only one man with enough hits to come close to The Who, that would be in budget...... Weller!

I agree with the bold.

I was thinking about Westlife but personally I think they'd cost well more than Boyzone. I'm sure they sell-out stadiums.

When Boyzone came back they sold out their arena tour. I'm sure the year after (might've been this year) they announced another - I don't think it sold out.

As for the Weller statement - I'd love that. I personally think most fathers would prefer Weller on Fathers Day than that load of shite by a country mile.

Those 80s acts would suit a Mothers Day much more. I can't say I know of many men that would go to these acts except maybe with their wives. As they were hinting on the radio this morning. 'Oh buy them as presents, ect - blah'

From the sickening official site blog...

"I think it’s safe to assume the Isle of Man will never have seen before what we will be announcing tomorrow. It is as if we have something unique, something inimitable something to be factored into father’s day on 20th June 2010!"

You got that part right at least, but not in the way you think!

Archived