Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gutted.

Is an apt sentiment....a lot of the posts on here may seem like manx crabism but I think there was a real desire to support this event even if it only came close to the (admiteddly self proclaimed) hype.

This is end of the pier tat at best.....

Can't the IOM Government hire the Isle of White festival organisers to get it done properly and consign JI to his box once and for all.

(Of course if U2 turn up on Saturday I shall be the first to publicly eat my hat.....)

It does have a very end of the pier / Butlins feel to the line-up and I include Boyzone in that. In fact I would lay odds that every act announced to date has done a stint at Butlins in the past 18 months

I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than watch any of that shambles but then I’m an aging grumpy sod. That said both X-Factor and Britain’s got Talent are popular in the Hartnell Tardis and while I prefer frying my face when either is on the box, people do seem to enjoy watching and as an afternoon of light entertainment I think it will do ok.

For music fans I really hope Saturday is much more credible. Even if it’s not something that appeals to the masses a good band will sell-out and keep a good number of people very happy.

I just wonder if a bollock has been dropped on the dates. On the verge of festival season and a week before Glastonbury, does this explain the calibre of the acts available?

I just wonder if a bollock has been dropped on the dates. On the verge of festival season and a week before Glastonbury, does this explain the calibre of the acts available?

I don't know... I would have thought some bands playing the festivals might have been glad of the opportunity to play warm-up shows.

Can't the IOM Government hire the Isle of White festival organisers to get it done properly and consign JI to his box once and for all.

The Isle of White is the wrong example as it is a quick cheap crossing from the UK etc. However look what Jersey did this year with virtually the same restrictions as we have. http://www.jerseylive.org.uk/lineup.html

Now whether you like the bands/music being put on or even have heard of half of them at least it looks a proper festival and I would have brought tickets like a shot for something like that if it was over here

You're working on the assumption that the organisors have heard of warm up shows ;)

Weller or Keane for Saturday. If he's booked Chicane I'll buy a ticket turn up wee on the floor then leave.

The Isle of White is the wrong example as it is a quick cheap crossing from the UK etc. However look what Jersey did this year with virtually the same restrictions as we have. http://www.jerseylive.org.uk/lineup.html

Now whether you like the bands/music being put on or even have heard of half of them at least it looks a proper festival and I would have brought tickets like a shot for something like that if it was over here

And a nicely designed website as well. Bay Festival website is tragic.

Jersey Live has been going for a few years and they've built it up slowly. No huge expensive tents either. Money is spent on the lineup.

Exactly. Smaller tents, lower expectations, build momentum.

This just smells of ego massaging with little regard for the punter......ooo missus look at the size of my tent....the fact there is fuck all to fill it with seems to have sailed over his head.

Jersey Live has been going for a few years and they've built it up slowly. No huge expensive tents either. Money is spent on the lineup.

Exactly. Smaller tents, lower expectations, build momentum.

If you get the line-up right people will happily pay to stand in a field and piss behind a bush to see them. The BF calls it a festival but it's not. It'll attract families with kids and older middle aged couples who will love the tent, concession stands and seats. It's the Bay Garden Fete not the Bay Festival. Call it what it is. All joking and piss taking aside good luck to them - it's just not my cup of Darjeeling.

The Mannifest could turn out good if it gets a strong and organised promoter with a modicum of communications skills to run it. Start slowly and build the reputation over the next few years. It's not my cup of Darjeeling either but it could have a better long term future than the BF.

Looking at Wiki and others this is I think is their sixth year and whilst now it covers two days it was originally one. Even then though they had a main stage, a local stage and a dance area. Apparently about 20% of ticket sales are off Island.

While Jersey Live may not be ideal it does seem to be the template to follow for a small festival with no easy cheap transport links and you have to wonder why there is an infatuation with the format the IoM Festival want to go with which basically breaks the mould in terms of what a festival is and how it is organised etc.

That has got to be one of the funniest anti-climax announcements ever.

It's gotta be a wind-up, hasn't it ? Who the fuck is doing the booking for this affair ?

And please don't tell me they are having anymore Taxpayers money to assist them again ?

Utter, utter shite ...

...GOMH*...

Archived