Bay Festival

bluemonday

Spotted this gem on the feedback for this story on IOMtoday

Those who remember the exciting times when Rick Astley came to fame will feel some excitement at seeing him on home soil.

[..]

signed

BOB

Ah yes, I remember the excitement of seeing a spotty ginger twat wearing his dad's blazer, singing dire Stock/Aitken/Waterman 'tunes' in an unfortunate voice on Seaside Special.

BOB, you are Jonathan Irving and I claim my £5

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Irving commented: “It is quite clear that ‘X Factor Meets Britain’s Got Talent’ has struck a chord with families on the Island for potential Christmas and Father’s Day presents!

Mr Irving continued, “We’ve had great feedback from different sections of the community. Young and old are excited at the prospect of the different gigs – and feel there will be something for everyone.

“I’ve also had lots of people asking about the rest of the line-up – but all will be revealed quite soon!“

Mr Irving concluded by saying, “All this, and we still have to announce the Friday and Saturday nights! I would encourage people to buy early as it is clear the seats won’t be around for long based on the interest so far.

He's not a shy fellow is he.......

Extra seats have been added for the Manx Telecom Bay Festival ‘X Factor Meets Britain’s Got Talent’ after the seating originally planned sold out in just 28 minutes this morning (Monday 2 November).

Tickets went on sale at 8am today exclusively for people who had pre-registered. By 8:28am, tickets for seats were sold out. Organisers have added an extra 300 seats inside the arena, which will go on sale tomorrow morning at 8am, but they warn that once they’ve gone no more seats will be added.

Mr Irving said:

“There are around 7,000 standing tickets for each event, and so far we have sold about a third for the Stonking 80s Party, so I would urge everyone to book them now.

“Over the next couple of weeks we will publicise the Friday ‘pop’ night and Saturday ‘indie/rock’ night line-ups, and we think they will be just as popular as both the 80s and X Factor Meets Britain’s Got Talent events.”

Quick !!! Where can I get one of the SEVEN THOUSAND standing tickets that must be flying out like proverbial hotcakes ???!!! Move !!! Out of my way, woman !!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

And frig me, they've not even announced the POP, INDIE / ROCK hybrid line-ups yet !!

How much more can the Manx Public stand ?

Answers on a postage stamp please ...

...GOMH*...

Heh, I thought he must have said that tongue in cheek, but it doesn't read like it.

'People are recognising the gravitas of these artists, Rick Astley for example received the Best Act Ever nomination at the MTV Europe Music Awards and won, his award being collected by Paris Hilton.

You may now vote on IOM online with your opinion....

What do you think of the acts booked so far....

I couldn't find the 'Complete and utter shite' option..?

Just bought three tickets for the wife and kids for the Sunday Xfactor etc etc..

Afore mentioned family members well made up.

It doesn't have to appeal to you Jim, but loads of the kids mates have bought tickets also. I suspect Sunday at least will sell out.

If a show sells out, it's clearly isn't 'complete and utter shite' is it ?

Archived