Bay Festival

bluemonday

If a show sells out, it's clearly isn't 'complete and utter shite' is it ?

You probably have no idea how incorrect that statement is, have you ?

Half of fucking Britain is voting for those pair of Irish fuckwits.

I assume they "are not complete and utter shite" then ? ...

...GOMH*...

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, what is the point of even trying to help these idiots GOMH? for an example, I point people in the direction of the most mind expanding music and what? they love this shit and watch the fucking x-factor. Surrender, I do. But I am kinda smug in that I KNOW we know much better music than you'll ever know/hear. Enjoy your worse than Butlins shite camp (oh hang on, there isn't any camping) I'm looking forward to Mannifest 010. Hal knows how to make a groovy party.

Because you two are the only guys in the whole world with a valid opinion on music.

I'm glad we have established that.

No dumb fuck, I didn't say that did I? what I said was, what ever I said. I'm still smug about my taste in music, it is one of my best features.

Because you two are the only guys in the whole world with a valid opinion on music.

No dumb fuck, I didn't say that did I? what I said was, what ever I said. I'm still smug about my taste in music, it is one of my best features.

Well you are smug, and you can prove it.

Well done.

I'm pretty sure there's a few more than two of us.

But crack on.

I'm sure it'll be poptastical, mate ...

...GOMH*...

I'm sure the 7000 inside that tent on the Sunday, wont actually give a rats ass what you think.

If it fills up then it has fulfilled it's purpose.

Time to sit back and wait until the Corporate hospitality freebies are getting handed out to fill the gigs up I think.....i suspect seeing the lineup there will be a fair few knocking around like the Peel Bay Festival.

You may now vote on IOM online with your opinion....

What do you think of the acts booked so far....

I couldn't find the 'Complete and utter shite' option..?

Just bought three tickets for the wife and kids for the Sunday Xfactor etc etc..

Afore mentioned family members well made up.

It doesn't have to appeal to you Jim, but loads of the kids mates have bought tickets also. I suspect Sunday at least will sell out.

I called and got my Seated gold tickets on Monday as well.. Daughter was well chuffed.

GOMH, I love quality music as much as any person, but this is about fun, and I know I will have fun looking at Ruth lorenza. Also looking forward to seing Diversity, just so i can moan about how they ahve ripped of the jabbawokeez dance moves..lol

Time to sit back and wait until the Corporate hospitality freebies are getting handed out to fill the gigs up I think.....i suspect seeing the lineup there will be a fair few knocking around like the Peel Bay Festival.

You may now vote on IOM online with your opinion....

What do you think of the acts booked so far....

I couldn't find the 'Complete and utter shite' option..?

Just bought three tickets for the wife and kids for the Sunday Xfactor etc etc..

It doesn't have to appeal to you Jim, but loads of the kids mates have bought tickets also. I suspect Sunday at least will sell out.

I called and got my Seated gold tickets on Monday as well.. Daughter was well chuffed.

GOMH, I love quality music as much as any person, but this is about fun, and I know I will have fun looking at Ruth lorenza. Also looking forward to seing Diversity, just so i can moan about how they ahve ripped of the jabbawokeez dance moves..lol

Hope you enjoy it. I'm not actually going as it's not my cup of tea.

Whether or not it is "utter shite" is a matter of opinion as is whether it will be succesful. I think it will be but that does not stop me slating as we were promised

"there will be a world-renowned artist who appeals to a number of generations, an Indie band that will appeal to

the young adult/student market and a group that will have a wide family appeal". - Now nobody currently booked meets in my view any of those criterai. Boyzone fit the description as a group with wide family appeal but that would leave only one night for the world renowned artist and the indie band.

"Some of the world’s premier recording artists will be on the bill and this really will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for so many Manx residents" - So far those booked do not meet that criteria and in the case of the Hear and Now tour it has laready been to the IoM so certainly not a once in a lifetime opportunity for many of us1

"I am really looking forward to announcing the full artist line-up later this year – I guarantee you won’t be disappointed" - Hmmmm!

"once again, will bring musicians of the highest calibre to the Isle of Man" - Again Hmmm!

"We are really looking forward to announcing all our plans in October. We can also guarantee that the headline for each night will be a major A Listed artist." Again Hmmmm!

"The event will once again take place inside Europe’s largest festival black-out tent which seats 5 000 people and allows standing room for a further 5 000." - Err no it will not despite if I remember correctly claiming that any thing smaller was viable due to the cost of the calibre of artists being booked when the argument over government support was going on.

I fully support anybody trying to put something on wether or not it is to my taste however I dislike immensly being given a load of spin and being taken. All those quotes are taken from the festival webiste, in fact all but one is from the first announcement and in my view that has not what has presently been announced or provided. It is on that basis I am judging my opinion.

Hopefully the other two nights will be more in line with what was promised but I do not hold much hope as my their own admission they had struggled to book who they had wanted and presently had no body booked for the Saturday but were presently in negotiation.

Now that may or may not be the organisers fault and it may be the festival will be a huge success. Indeed I hope it is but presently they have not produced what they said they would and for that they are being slated. If they could not produce what they said they would then they should have not been shouting their mouths off!

Archived