Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JLS on Friday. Lolz.

How disappointing. When they announced it on Manx Radio I had it on by chance and they were talking about Eric Clapton. My hopes were high until they said it was JLS. Oh well, I will be another who does not buy tickets.

I wonder if the organisers have seen any of these acts. We saw JLS at the Blackpool illumination switch on and even the kids thought they were crap.

You have to wonder who will be booked for the Saturday night as unless they pay way over the odds I stuggle to see any indie or rock band wanting to be associated with the current announced line up.

If the indie act is The Fratellis I'll go fucking ape shit.. other wise I don't really care. Game on if they book Bloc Party But with Clavin Harris supporting I don't really know what would fit. If they for some reason they managed to pull a blinder and book Soulwax/2ManyDJs then I'll be there with bells on and they're forgiven for the other two nights.

I don't see for all the genres of music out there, why there needs to be a Pop night on Friday when Sunday is an entire Pop day.

You lot are beyond words at times. JLS are currently one of the biggest names in the UK pop scene and at the moment are very likely to be Number 1 in the charts in the UK next week, or atleast until their balls drop, or they split up leaving several of young girls in tears. Comments like "another X Factor loser" is totally apropriate, a group has to end somewhere, my guess would be 12:30pm Next Tuesday. Im afraid the organisers have proved all the doubters right with this one and have got an act that is current and popular TODAY, and probably today only.

Fixed your post.

Q - Whats got 1458 nipples and no pubes?

A - The front row of a JLS concert.

Calvin Harris?

Is he bringing that big green bird with the nappy?

If the indie act is The Fratellis I'll go fucking ape shit.. other wise I don't really care. Game on if they book Bloc Party But with Clavin Harris supporting I don't really know what would fit. If they for some reason they managed to pull a blinder and book Soulwax/2ManyDJs then I'll be there with bells on and they're forgiven for the other two nights.

I don't see for all the genres of music out there, why there needs to be a Pop night on Friday when Sunday is an entire Pop day.

If it's Calvin Harris, it's going to be pop/indie innit? Kate Nash, something like that?

Calvin Harrises booking agent also looks after The Enemy, Ida Maria perhaps them?

I am with Slim on this one, I was at a festival last year and Calvin Harris headlined the dance stage, with other act such as The Japanese Popstars and Does It Offend You, Yeah?. The year before he was sharing a stage with the likes of Jamie T, Klaxons and Dizzee Rascal. Though not my personal taste in music, that would be a feasible line up, and a good one too.

There are some brilliant bands out there that wouldn't cost the earth to bring over, and I really hope that there is a stage or tent for home grown talent as there are some brilliant bands on the Island.

Ninja edit: Ida Maria? Count me in for that one, she is phenomenal live!

If it's Calvin Harris, it's going to be pop/indie innit? Kate Nash, something like that?

Calvin Harrises booking agent also looks after The Enemy, Ida Maria perhaps them?

Aye good point I had another though that it could be The Gossip or Ting Tings aswell.. Nash would fit well. And our drummer would have to be put in restraints. :lol:

EDITED TO SAY I'VE JUST SEEN THIS

Screen_shot_2009-11-06_at_09.01.38.png

£43 to stand and watch JLS???? hahah no chance mate.

Personally It's not my taste of music whatsoever but they seem to be popular and will go down a storm with the younger girls.

Ticket prices were always going to be pretty high but I do think that's way to steep. My original price when I heard they were playing would've been £25-30 at the very most.

I'm thinking about the Saturday headliner now. I wouldn't be suprised with Bloc Party now.

Anyone know when the Saturday headliner gets announced?

Here and Now playing at Ascot on 7 Aug 2010.

Ascot Price £22

IOM price £40+

:pirate:

Do you think it's costing less to bring the acts here and put the show on? Do you think there will be more tickets available for Ascot?

Basic maths. Even just to cover costs the ticket price here is going to have to be higher than for a bigger venue elsewhere. Why do people live on a small Island with a small population, and then expect everything to cost the same as in a city with a catchment area with millions of people?

Stuff here will never cost what it does in the UK, fact, the figures just don't work and at the end of the day people and businesses need to cover costs at worse, and ideally make a profit.

Archived