Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here and Now playing at Ascot on 7 Aug 2010.

Ascot Price £22

IOM price £40+

:pirate:

Do you think it's costing less to bring the acts here and put the show on? Do you think there will be more tickets available for Ascot?

Basic maths. Even just to cover costs the ticket price here is going to have to be higher than for a bigger venue elsewhere. Why do people live on a small Island with a small population, and then expect everything to cost the same as in a city with a catchment area with millions of people?

Stuff here will never cost what it does in the UK, fact, the figures just don't work and at the end of the day people and businesses need to cover costs at worse, and ideally make a profit.

7000 people (iom capacity) * £18 (minimum difference in ticket prices) = £126,000

Mr I, i look forward to hearing your justification.

I can see some real problems ahead when the mere "VIPs" square up to the "Hi Rollers".

"Look at those bunch of posing twats ! We're quaffing Moet and they're on the Bollinger ! Come on, let's storm the Hi-Roller section. These prawn cocktails suck. I DEMAND SALMON !"

And that price structure is astounding me. They have the distinct advantage of economies of scale coming into play here. Yet there is no hint of that in how they've priced the Event.

My money for the Indie / Rock hybrid act is now ASH.

You heard it here first ...

...GOMH*...

...PS JLS ??? Jonathan Loves Shafting, perchance ? ...

JLS. They'll be finished by the time the gigs come around. As headliners I can't imagine they would be any more than £10,000 to book and that is at a stretch. Makes the tickets seem very very expensive. You could almost justify it with Boyzone (almost) as they've been around for years and have a whole show. How many cover songs will be in JLS's 45 minute set LOL.

Do you think it's costing less to bring the acts here and put the show on? Do you think there will be more tickets available for Ascot?

Basic maths. Even just to cover costs the ticket price here is going to have to be higher than for a bigger venue elsewhere. Why do people live on a small Island with a small population, and then expect everything to cost the same as in a city with a catchment area with millions of people?

Basic maths

Manchester Apollo capacity of 3,500 JLS ticket price £26.50

IOM Bay.7000 capacity, tickets average price £45/50

If they manage to put on Calvin Harris and The Enemy I will concede that should be one good show out of four and I may dip my hand in my pocket. Dont mind paying forty quid for that.

However if not and if its bloody Ash (?), money stays in pocket !

JLS probably going for about £ 25-30 k, I'd say. Since Irving has entered the market offering stupid money to all and sundry, anyone who is approached is bumping their fees up (JLS looking at £ 38,000 apparently).

Bolloxing things for anyone else over here in future.

Those clowns really have some answering to do, if you ask me ...

...GOMH*...

Here and Now playing at Ascot on 7 Aug 2010.

Ascot Price £22

IOM price £40+

:pirate:

Stuff here will never cost what it does in the UK, fact, the figures just don't work and at the end of the day people and businesses need to cover costs at worse, and ideally make a profit.

Ascot does have additional attractions though. Like a better line-up, fairground attractions and horse racing.

I doft my cap to Mr Irving, for having the balls to do this not once but twice.

I cannot help but feel however that he is trying to reinvent the wheel.

If you look at the Villa acts, say over the last five years.

eg, Beautiful South, Killers (was it?) etc etc. Sold out within minutes. This is free market research to the type of bands that sell out immediately and would possibly sell out several times over.

Perhaps Mr Irving is worried about bring the same sort of bands over again? I missed out on beautiful south and i am sure a great deal more did. I suspect, judging from the feedback I heard, that attendees would attend again.

My point, in a non negative way, is that perhaps he is diluting the quality of the act. I thought Stavros Flaty were amazing on TV but would I buy a ticket to see them in the flesh?, perhaps not.

Mr Irving is maybe paying these "uncertain" acts £2,£3, £4 k each, at a guess. 5 or 6 times that is £30k,plus flights, hotel et al.

There is market research out there, easily accesable about what the Island enjoy and more importantly will pay for.

I genuinely do not know if this is a failing in the business model, time will tell.

I suspect people would rather have a few "credible" acts, that can perform and provide a great day/night out than as numerous people describe, several "C" list acts with the promise of a one big name.

Again, I reiterate my respect for the work/effort/expense that has gone into this venture, but I cannot help but feel that with a bit of thought there would be hardly any negative PR and a rush on tickets.

If this has been covered, I couldnt be arsed reading through 23 pages to find out, apologies.

An finally to the cocks, that keep going on parrot fashion how they can watch, michael jackson sucking off bono at the MEN for £40. Try jumping on a plane, booking a hotel, spending money. Delayed/cancelled flights on the way back, late to work..................

Fuck off

Archived