Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that is Elbow - sweet little version too (imho) there are others but I think this song reaches everyone - it's musically accessible to even the most unenlightened. Always reminds me of the Hurley Burley van, brill, at Shhhhh they all stopped working and did a little dance thing ACE.

The orchestra was good. The song was mediocre. But what was Ricky Gervais doing trying to sing it?

that is Elbow - sweet little version too (imho) there are others but I think this song reaches everyone - it's musically accessible to even the most unenlightened. Always reminds me of the Hurley Burley van, brill, at Shhhhh they all stopped working and did a little dance thing ACE.

The orchestra was good. The song was mediocre. But what was Ricky Gervais doing trying to sing it?

Are you havin' a laugh ? Is he havin a laugh ?

Ye Gods *punches self in face* ...

...GOMH*...

There's a lot of music snobbery in this thread from people unwilling to understand that everyone likes different things.

Personally, there's isn't a single act announced or even rumoured that they could pay me to go and see. I just watched that Elbow clip and I thought it was bland and insipid, like the vast majority of chart music these days. Sorry if you disagree, but that's what I think and vague displays of incredulity from people that think themselves to me more musically informed than others isn't really going to change my mind.

Like most people, I expect the frustration being expressed towards the organisers isn't really over the quality of the acts, it's the ridiculously high expectations they set and then so catastrophically failed to deliver.

• 2 weeks later...

The winner of a local Battle of the Bands competition will receive the coveted title, ‘Islander Headliner’ who will be followed by the Irish chart topping indie sensation, The Coronas.

Proving Britain really has got talent Diversity will then take to the stage! They will then give way to The Feeling who will fill us right up with their legendary indie sound, before the now legendary Calvin Harris then makes us “Ready for the Weekend” with his unique electronic dance sound. Then to conclude this ‘true festival day’ will be the headline, who, for contractual reasons, will be announced Thursday morning.

I listened to 28 minutes on 'nothing' this AM on Manx Radio.

Made great radio - a non announcement that went on for so long.

Its like their 'expert' interviews, where the guest only answers 'dont know that' and 'I will have to check'

What they are really trying to say is - no one wants to know, so its fudge around and see who is available to come over for one night. They then hype it up for half an hour and announce ....

...a new faces winner from 1973, the brother of the bloke who used to go to school with a bloke who once went out the sister of a Bay City Roller, and a secondary school rock band.

Its going tits up I tell ya - It will lose money again - but seeing as it was held in Douglas, it will all be OK.

The winner of a local Battle of the Bands competition will receive the coveted title, ‘Islander Headliner’ who will be followed by the Irish chart topping indie sensation, The Coronas.

Proving Britain really has got talent Diversity will then take to the stage! They will then give way to The Feeling who will fill us right up with their legendary indie sound, before the now legendary Calvin Harris then makes us “Ready for the Weekend” with his unique electronic dance sound. Then to conclude this ‘true festival day’ will be the headline, who, for contractual reasons, will be announced Thursday morning.

I've only just realised that you never wrote that sarcastically and it's an actual statement from those DBF wags.

The plot thinnens by the hour ...

...GOMH*...

Listen GOMH, its going to be well ace....just we will not be there to find out. It's my birthday that Sunday maybe I'll arrange an illegal rave party (well the fuzz will all be busy manning the marauding Bay festi people innit?) lol, rave at my age? It's a funny passing thought though.

From the language used on manx radio, it's going to be an oldie band I reckon, The Who era.

FFS two fairly successful albums released in the last few years does not make you legendary. If language is overhyped so much how'd do you describe the truly outstanding.

Nevertheless, 'tis the same Calvin Harris who appeared recently on the Jools Holland thing, and who is highly regarded by many in the music industry. Quite a coup for the Isle of Man.

Archived