Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFS two fairly successful albums released in the last few years does not make you legendary. If language is overhyped so much how'd do you describe the truly outstanding.

Nevertheless, 'tis the same Calvin Harris who appeared recently on the Jools Holland thing, and who is highly regarded by many in the music industry. Quite a coup for the Isle of Man.

Yeah, it's not a bad booking for second on the bill, nor are the "legendary" the Feeling at third on the bill. But if you describe a middle-ranking indie band of a few years standing as legends, what are they going to describe the headliners as?

Yeah, it's not a bad booking for second on the bill, nor are the "legendary" the Feeling at third on the bill. But if you describe a middle-ranking indie band of a few years standing as legends, what are they going to describe the headliners as?

I no longer really care and I do not think I will be going whoever is announced now as I just feel that so far I have been taken for a ride and I would now resent giving the Irvings any of my money. The last straw is hearing them sniggering like over grown school kids on the radio. The only exception would be if a band was booked that I could not get tickets for in the UK otherwise I would prefer to spend the extra and go to the UK.

It is a shame though as I would probably have paid to go Saturday to support the event, especially if it had been outside as you could laze around and have a few beers at the back especially if a band were on you were not bothered about. Standing at the back of a tent though for six hours though is a different matter.

Sorry Mr Irving but this is one potential customer that you have lost.

I no longer really care and I do not think I will be going whoever is announced now as I just feel that so far I have been taken for a ride and I would now resent giving the Irvings any of my money. The last straw is hearing them sniggering like over grown school kids on the radio. The only exception would be if a band was booked that I could not get tickets for in the UK otherwise I would prefer to spend the extra and go to the UK.

It is a shame though as I would probably have paid to go Saturday to support the event, especially if it had been outside as you could laze around and have a few beers at the back especially if a band were on you were not bothered about. Standing at the back of a tent though for six hours though is a different matter.

Sorry Mr Irving but this is one potential customer that you have lost.

Top post, that is exactly how I feel.

FFS using the word legendary twice in one sentence to describe two different acts (irrespective of the questionable status of these acts). Everything these muppets say is just pure hyperbole.

I see they are quoted as saying "buy a Festival Ticket and it equates to £ 5-56 PER BAND ! (of £ 7-78 per stunningly fantabulous mesmerising HOUR !).

Sadly that has clinched it for me.

There's only one or maybe two bands that I would actually pay that amount for...

...GOMH*...

...Ps Any chance of Irving Sr or Jr coming on here and retorting to peoples' gripes ? Well ? We KNOW you are here, chaps ...

My only gripe with the indie night is the attitude of letting the local acts fight it out for a chance to play the one and only slot available at the festival.

Islander Headliner??? What exactley are they headlining if they're on first?

I'm guessing this battle of the bands is the Creek one meant to be on in the new year.

It was meant to be on the end of this year but I think it's been deferred to 2010 now.

They might as well stick a monkey with a parachute in a plane, fly up to 10,000 ft above the island and kick the little fucker out. Then the monkey will walk around for a bit, whoever he stops by and holds their hand..... They're the ones who headline the Bay Festival.

Archived