Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rolling Stones are way above budget. You couldn't get them if you had the cash for 4 Bay Festivals.

If they're keeping it Indie and It's not Primal Scream, as the mailings have hinted then they'd better get Weller.. If it's Razorlight I'll pray for rain so that smug little gimp can't make it here.

My only gripe with the indie night is the attitude of letting the local acts fight it out for a chance to play the one and only slot available at the festival.

Islander Headliner??? What exactley are they headlining if they're on first?

I'm guessing this battle of the bands is the Creek one meant to be on in the new year.

I heard that it was another one that was going to be held in Amber (something to do with a tie up with Sleepwell Hotels). As you say, it's piss poor - perhaps it's headlining like last time - playing 5 hours before the main band in an empty tent which is closed to the public!

Spandau Ballet is the other rumour which is flying around - go on Oogs......Gold!

Doesn't he go out in the rain? Should buy a shirt.

I'm beginning to have a sneaking admiration for the Irvings's chutzpa. I've been going to festivals for 20 years and never have I heard of one where row upon row of champagne quoffing high rollers and prawn butty munching VIPs separating the band from the fans (if it's Primal Scream I'll go just to watch Bobby Gillespie's reaction to that). But the Irvings know better.

And I've been going to Indie gigs even longer and never have I heard anyone express the opinion that what could really improve the show is an Irish dancing troop like Diversity. But the Irvings know better.

But the best is, it is all - the blog, the e-mails, the promo video, the radio interviews - done with such guileless bad taste and self belief that I can only think that they think this pig-in-a-poke is going to be wonderful.

From the official web site

"We announced the X factor, then the WOW factor and then the AWEsome factor and today we announce TRUE GOLD. We are very pleased to announce that SPANDAU BALLET will be headlining and concluding ‘Sizzling Saturday’ and drawing to a close eight electrifying hours and six sensational artists/bands for a complete complimentary mix of music. This ranges from Rock, ‘Hard’ Indie, ‘Soft’ Indie, to dance to dance music to the raw emotion of Spandau’s mix of funk, jazz, soul, synthpop and rock!"

What a fucking shambles......hang your head in shame.

Archived