Bay Festival

bluemonday

I disagree. PoP (whom I've seen in that god awful Villa) are well fun, I think Ooogs and the keyboardist are great, really great and its not even my kind of music.

I agree. Those little riffs they do are quite catchy, even if they are technically unchallenging. Even ABRSM Grade 1 music is entertaining, if executed proficiently.

Calvin Harris is a poop star, I could sound as good as him with that much equipment

Yeah, right.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who will it sell out to??

I realistically can't see anyone wanting to pay money for that line-up, can imagine there'll be a couple of corporates there for the free bubbly, that's about it.

You may be right. I won't be going myself, but then I wouldn't be whoever they'd managed to book. Spandau Ballet are a huge name though, but I agree the bill is a bit of a mish-mash.

Do you know if they called in Pop in the Park and said they were going to hold a massive party for Mums and their daughters nobody would be annoyed. People don't complain because Metallica aren't on at the Radio 1 Road Show (although now I think about it both would be improved by the experience), it's just the constant chirping about "something for everyone" that's lead to a feeling of being let down if there's not something for you.

Do you know if they called in Pop in the Park and said they were going to hold a massive party for Mums and their daughters nobody would be annoyed. People don't complain because Metallica aren't on at the Radio 1 Road Show (although now I think about it both would be improved by the experience), it's just the constant chirping about "something for everyone" that's lead to a feeling of being let down if there's not something for you.

Yes, you're probably right, I must admit I haven't signed up to any of the information from the promoters of these shows, so I am not privy to the efforts to generate a vibe. But only a complete dolt would have expected an event any more important than the one that will be held.

jesus tonight..!! what the fook is goin on..? when i heard Calvin Harris was supporting another top indy/rock band, i finally thought we were going to have an event of real quality on the island. HOW WRONG WAS I..??? WHAT A BLEEDIN JOKE..!! spandau ballet? are they takin the piss? please tell me this is some sick joke...

:angry:

The event as a whole was always destined to be a joke. Sadly it appears that the organisers have been unable to secure popular and current acts. Personally I would not waste my money on seeing an obese criminal caked in make up who has recently being released from prison for holding a rent boy hostage performing eighties songs which were rubbish at the time

What will be next year's concert Gary Glitter- the comeback?............

If they've struggled to get a decent name for saturday, why would that be? Greed would be my suggestion, trying to make sure they sell some tickets in the xmas market. Why have the line up announced so early, whats the point? There's no other festival announces its line up so early, what bands know what they're doing next summer yet? Poorly organised, hyped up beyond reality and a massive let down.

Not saying it just to be down on something, i genuinely wanted this to be good, i genuinely wanted to be able to go. But to sit and listen to some shite indie band while i wait to see CHarris do a warm up set for the shittest new romantics band is not my idea of a festival. Its another chance missed unfortunately.

Catch 22 is, while i'd like it to be a success so they get another chance at it, if it is they'll only think they had it right all along and anything they put on in future is likely to be just as sad.

I'm very disappointed, as is everyone i've spoken to, and all except 1 on here, but even they say they won't be going. Not good odds in my book. FTR i'm not 40 something for another 3 or 4 years yet either.

I see they are stating:

"Some of these tickets (JLS) are now on re-sale sites at considerably more than face value".

Great to see the reverse psychology of DBF not being Ticket Touts is relevant ...

How does that work, given the original tickets aren't even close to selling out?

I see they are stating:

"Some of these tickets (JLS) are now on re-sale sites at considerably more than face value".

Great to see the reverse psychology of DBF not being Ticket Touts is relevant ...

How does that work, given the original tickets aren't even close to selling out?

People bought / reserved the tickets in advance then found out what the line up is and regret spending so much money on such a poor mixed bunch of performers.

If they'd have re-jiggled this a bit It might have been alright. Move the britains got XFactor night to support JLS and instead of Spandau, Get Duran Duran in to headline the 80's sunday night. Then had Coronas, Feeling, saved the cash by not booking Harris and getting Bloc Party or the 'phonics.

Pop night

Indie night

80's night

sorted.

Archived