Bay Festival

bluemonday

It will be like the Bryan Adams thread. In that one everyone was complaining that we never get anyone good over here, and then tickets sell out in a few hours. Hmmm. I'll bet you have all already registered for your manx bay festival tickets too.

No I unsubscribed from their mailing list as soon as SP were announced.

Will they sell out, then yes possible, no one ever went bust underestiamting an audiences taste. However the moaning is not about whether it will be popular or will sell out but we were promised and in some cases sold X but they are supplying Y. If you ordered a product from Tesco online they delivered something else instead, at the same price and of lower quality that you did not particularly like would you be happy, that essentially is what in my mind the Irvings have done.

I think thet were taking money for a three day ticket prior to SP announced. If that is correct I also presume they will provide full no quible refunds to any person who booked three day tickets based on what was promised but has not been delivered as if not it does a bit of a sharp practice to hype up something, take money on the basis of that hype and then not deliver.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay-Z, The Strokes, Blondie, Pink, Orbital and Squeeze have been unveiled days before tickets go on sale for the Isle of Wight Festival 2010.

Jay-Z, The Strokes, Blondie, Pink, Orbital and Squeeze have been unveiled days before tickets go on sale for the Isle of Wight Festival 2010.

There's the difference right there. What have we got? Calvin Harris, Spandau Ballet, JLS, the rest is made up of 80s has-beens and reality TV losers, actual losers.

to be fair the Isle of White /Wight/ how ever its spelt, has been going for years and is steeped in tradition, Bay festival has been done once, and although the first time round was a brilliant all round line up it'll be 10 years of shite before we get a line up like the Isle of Wight has now.

You want to look at something like Rockness. That's still fairly new and attracts big acts that would keep Mr Irvings pockets lined.

http://www.rockness.co.uk/headline-acts these were last years acts. Even if it meant only having 2 nights, any of those headline acts could've been in budget and piss on all the acts BF have booked this year.

You want to look at something like Rockness. That's still fairly new and attracts big acts that would keep Mr Irvings pockets lined.

People anywhere in Britain can drive to that potentially. That's how festivals work; a bunch of friends get in a car and drive there. Or they use public transport. And they camp. Even the Isle of Wight is just a short cheap ferry trip from major population centres.

Which means that the festival organizers can put on acts which enough people will come for miles to see. That just is not going to happen here. People are not going to come to the IOM for a pop festival. Which is why you are only going to get lowest common denominator acts for a local audience.

Is there a ticket option to see Calvin Harris only? That would be a sell out.

Esp if he pulls some pineapple head stunts at a few of the other shows... worth seing just for him to run on stage... another Jarvis Cocker - MJ Moment !!!

to be fair the Isle of White /Wight/ how ever its spelt, has been going for years and is steeped in tradition, Bay festival has been done once, and although the first time round was a brilliant all round line up it'll be 10 years of shite before we get a line up like the Isle of Wight has now.

For the record, there were 3 festivals. 1968, 1969, 1970

After this, the old conservative fuckwits who think they own the place ( sound familiar? ) did their best to make any more impossible by legislation - the Isle of Wight Act 1970

This managed to stop any chance of a decent event till 2002 when the festival was revived

And of course there's now the Bestival which started in 2004

People are not going to come to the IOM for a pop festival.

Why? I think that if you put on decent acts they would.

If you put on Spandau Ballet, Rick Astley and Diversity they won't.

The Rock Ness one is a flipping long drive from Southern England, it's probably easier for people to get to the IOM from there (although maybe not cheaper, I'll admit)

People are not going to come to the IOM for a pop festival.

Why? I think that if you put on decent acts they would.

Rockness crowd was 35,000 according to internet. The IOM is not going to cope which 10s of thousands of people turning up for a festival in one spot. But you need TT numbers for it to be viable.

Also: No camping etc plus cost and difficulty of getting here. Also total lack of festival infrastructure - food tents, side acts .. all the stuff which festivals are about. Just wouldn't happen here.

The Rock Ness one is a flipping long drive from Southern England, it's probably easier for people to get to the IOM from there (although maybe not cheaper, I'll admit)

Yes but it has a much larger viable catchment area and is less than 4 hours by car from Glasgow and Edinburgh. As I said - the thing about festivals is that a bunch of friends get in a car and drive there.

Archived