Bay Festival

bluemonday

Seriously, I was considering buying tickets but if Boyzone is a representative sample of the what the organisers consider entertainment, I'm not going to bother. I'd rather watch someone banging a bin lid outside M&S.

Bin Lid Bangers are headlining on the Saturday night

Excellent. Stomp are ace.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My negativity comes from having 20 odd years of festival attending under my belt and having been to the last PBF, having seen the previous acts they secured, the dreadful food outlets they had and the festival being driven by greedy money makers. All the festivals that have been successful have started small and grown into beautiful spaces of music, dance, creativity & fun. PBF is focusing solely on popular music culture, which is a bit rubbishy, with that said, however, I do hope the people who attend have the fun they deserve, it's just not for me. Unless ofc The Egg/Bays are on, but somehow I just don't think that is going to happen.

I don't suppose that there will be another Mannifest, which is a great shame. Hal might be a bit of an air head but his heart is in the right place and his festi direction was wicked.

My negativity comes from having 20 odd years of festival attending under my belt and having been to the last PBF, having seen the previous acts they secured, the dreadful food outlets they had and the festival being driven by greedy money makers. All the festivals that have been successful have started small and grown into beautiful spaces of music, dance, creativity & fun. PBF is focusing solely on popular music culture, which is a bit rubbishy, with that said, however, I do hope the people who attend have the fun they deserve, it's just not for me. Unless ofc The Egg/Bays are on, but somehow I just don't think that is going to happen.

I don't suppose that there will be another Mannifest, which is a great shame. Hal might be a bit of an air head but his heart is in the right place and his festi direction was wicked.

Just depends on what you define as a festival. You probably wouldn't enjoy the manx music festival either, there's no mud, no piercings, no 'atmosphere' (monged out idiots), no dreadlocks or fancy dress and no people saying it's sold out.

A festival is just a series of events, it doesn't have to be hippies in a ditch.

If it was left to Hal Mannifest wouldn't have happened - worse than an airhead IMO - you need to thank Barry for making sure it happened in the end.

You probably wouldn't enjoy the manx music festival either, there's no mud, no piercings, no 'atmosphere' (monged out idiots), no dreadlocks or fancy dress and no people saying it's sold out.

A festival is just a series of events, it doesn't have to be hippies in a ditch.

don't think 'The Guild' has had a sellout for years :lol:

It is quite deceptive calling BF a festival. Having the massive tent was such a bad idea last time I'm very surprised they did it again this time round.

The acts were promised to be bigger than last time, BIGGER THAN THE WHO??? The Stones? Macca? Elton? Bring back the Pistols? Oh wait no Boyzone, well I say Boyzone obviously not all of them, who will be the closing night The Bee Gees.. well I say the Bee Gees...........

It is quite deceptive calling BF a festival. Having the massive tent was such a bad idea last time I'm very surprised they did it again this time round.

Like I said, that's just your preconception of a festival, because of things like glasto.

A festival is just a series of entertainment events, the TT is a festival, the Chelsea flower show is a festival. There's nothing misleading about it, you just want it to be something it isn't.

I will pre register as it is free and just in case there is a gig I want to go to. I am not registering though until near the cut off date as I do not want to have a load irrelevent e-mails e.g. most of the time they advertise a news announcement it turns out to be a sponsor etc.

With regard to Boyzone if it is true they were booked then I presume this info was "leaked" by PBF. If this proves to be the case then I have to admit my view of the organisors will fall another notch as whilst Boyzone are not my sort of music, using the death of one of the band members to make a news story for a bit of publicity I find pretty contemptable.

The acts were promised to be bigger than last time, BIGGER THAN THE WHO??? The Stones? Macca? Elton? Bring back the Pistols? Oh wait no Boyzone, well I say Boyzone obviously not all of them, who will be the closing night The Bee Gees.. well I say the Bee Gees...........

Ahh the spirit of Jimi is alive and kicking. Only his spirit though. The rest is worm food.

The latest email is funny. 'glasto sold out without anyone knowing who's playing. So therefore festivals rule! You don't need to know the acts, just buy the tickets!'. Brilliant logic, ignoring the fact that glasto has a long history of booking quality acts and the bay festival doesn't.

Had to laugh mself when they mentioned glastonbury in thier email, they really haven't got a clue have they

No surprise to me that the likes on boyzone will be one of their headliners, they pulled out all the stops this year didn't they?

seriously bay festival, these are not top acts, they are has beens like what was at you last "festival"

Ah well thats me save a few quid and i'll have to make do with glastonbury where we don't even know who's playing yet

Archived