Bay Festival

bluemonday

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's all this negativity over the Festival and we had Boyzone booked as a headline.

There is a super chance here for the Isle of Man to cash-in and make some commemorative stamps to mark the nearly occasion.

Who needs VAT revenue and all that stuff when you can churn out bits of crinkly sticky paper at the drop of a hat and sell them to the world for a few quid each.

A knowing post on the world of philately. Perhaps not so now, but it was a shark pool at one time. Can you believe it? Those little cellophane pouches that you bought from Woolies on a saturday actually laid the basis for a hugely dubious industry. There were/are some reputable players, but you have to wonder what Mickey Mouse has got to do with, say, Tuvalu. But then you have to understand that the stamps are, possibly, Tuvalu's only source of income (not now true as the sinking islands have actually swept up from the TV suffix for websites, but the point remains for other, usually island, states). I wonder how much philately now really brings in.

• 2 weeks later...

Far be it for me to steal most of Mr Irving's and MR's thunder next week, but has anyone else spotted this.......

http://www.rickastley.co.uk/tourdates/tourdates.html

It appears when Mr Astley tours under the Here and Now brand he is usually joined by 3 or 4 other acts such as Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Kid Creole, Hazel O'Connor, Belinda Carlisle and similar others who haven't had a hit for the last 20 years.

Sounds exciting.............. eh!!!! :lol:

Don't rush out to buy tickets yet, as I'm sure they'll be giving them away by the shed load, like last time. I really hope Mr Quayle and the DTL aren't bank rolling this!!

It appears when Mr Astley tours under the Here and Now brand he is usually joined by 3 or 4 other acts such as Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Kid Creole, Hazel O'Connor, Belinda Carlisle and similar others who haven't had a hit for the last 20 years.

From Bay Festival website "10,000 people will be able to see performances from some of the biggest names in music" . I know Kim and Belinda have put on a few pounds since the 80's but that's just mean.

So 80% of Boyzone, Kid Creole and Rick Astley.... the queue is forming already. :lol:

The last time I heard of Hazel O'Connor was about 10 years ago when I drove past the civic centre in Harlech (population - about the same as Kirk Michael) and saw a leaflet proudly proclaiming that she would soon be appearing there.

I imagine most people under tha age of 40 will say "Hazel O'Who?".

The Bay Festival definitely need people to buy tickets before they know who the acts are because they sure as f**k won't afterwards.

haha this is hilarious!

I checked the Rick Astley Forum (strictly for research purposes) and saw this post...hopefully the King of Peel has booked his travel for him...

"Here we go then... a date for next summer already. It is a Here & Now show and is on the Isle of Man on 20th June 2010.

For those who don't know, the Isle of Man is an island between the North West of England and Ireland, in the Irish Sea. I'm not sure exactly how you get there but I would assume there is a ferry from Holyhead, North Wales."

Archived