£40k To Clean A Stretch Of The Prom?!

bishbashbosh

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/tourism/ttentertainment2.xml

I should look into being a road sweeper!

whys that

Cus to cost £40k for the work involved they must be getting paid a heck of a lot.

At first glance it does seem a lot, but when you consider that most of them worked extra hours, weekends, and public holidays over the period then overtime payments would boost the normal payrate.

Then add on the extra cost of disposing of the rubbish - more trips for the rubbish carts whose crews where probably also on overtime.

And if the corpy recharged this to central government then I assume it wouldn't be done at cost.

It all starts to build up.

Does that include the skanky sticky mess that the beer tent leaves behind or is that extra?

I suspect that it's covered by the exorbitant rent Bushy's is charged for using the car park in the first place.

http://www.gov.im/lib/news/tourism/ttentertainment2.xml

I should look into being a road sweeper!

whys that

Cus to cost £40k for the work involved they must be getting paid a heck of a lot.

not really, take one sweeper on a 10 hour day u talking anywhere between £40-£50ph flat rate,

i would suspect it be more as it be out of hours, over the 2 week thats bout 7grand just for the one sweeper,

so 40 grand aint a lot

No, 40 grand really IS a lot!

It might be explainable gazza but that doesn't make it not a lot. ;)

yep u got a point

Been away so missed this one - I can believe 40k to do that - apparently putting nappies on horses saves 20k so it really does make sense.

Never mind the fact that the road sweepers work a fixed daily shift pattern anyway.

Never mind the fact that the road sweepers work a fixed daily shift pattern anyway.

Yeah, and those Continental GT's they drive with the spinning brushes underneath must cost a few quid to run.

Archived