[BBC News] Quest for £4,000 solid gold shell

Newsbot

Reminds me of the Masquerade book back in the early 1980s. IIRC someone tried digging up the churchyard at Maughold looking for the golden rabbit.

Masquerade

Yes. Highly successful. We just need a good PR company to promote this one. How about some Botticelli Venuses emerging nude from a couple of Manx scallop shells? Should do well on Youtube. Being Botticelli would mean it was art, not smut.

S

Reminds me of the Masquerade book back in the early 1980s. IIRC someone tried digging up the churchyard at Maughold looking for the golden rabbit.

Masquerade

The churchyard at Maughold was where the Cadbury's golden egg was buried in the eighties

I wonder where it is now.

Masquerade

The churchyard at Maughold was where the Cadbury's golden egg was buried in the eighties

I wonder where it is now.

Still in Maughold I think.

Coo! That sounds like a lark.

Not great at puzzles though (although oddly aptitude tests seem easy).

Hell, I can't even see a link for how to get involved in the shell hunt thing, so that probably indicates I'd be wasting my time trying. :D

Coo! That sounds like a lark.

Not great at puzzles though (although oddly aptitude tests seem easy).

Hell, I can't even see a link for how to get involved in the shell hunt thing, so that probably indicates I'd be wasting my time trying. :D

http://queeniefestival.com/2009/06/20/can-...enie-conundrum/

Here you go. Need to buy a program though.

Ahh, ta.

I saw that page but only glanced as I was just looking for links to a competion web page or something.

Cheers - might be a nice excuse for a day out if nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived