Arma2

Bananaman

• 3 weeks later...
Ill hopefully get this this week. Looks like a 21st century version of operation flashpoint. niceeee

Got it on Saturday. Played it lots and lots, shot about 5 enemy in total. Jebus it's hard. But by christ what a great laugh if everyone is on TS and we're all working as a Team. CoD it most definatley isn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Loving this game sooooo much. It get's better and better each time I get to play it. It is massive

We decided to take a convoy (too many Tunguskas about for a Helo insertion) to our next task a long long drive to the destination and most of the truck ran out of fuel. Always remember to take a fuel tankrt with you.

One amazing game.

I used to love Operation Flashpoint - despite the endless list of bugs and AI weirdness. I briefly tried the demo of ARMA2 but it ran like an absolute dog on my PC (Core Duo E4300, 4GB RAM, 7900GT) - I suspect its the CPU\Graphics card letting it down? What do you guys use for flying the vehicles? Keyboard\Mouse or stick?

I used to love Operation Flashpoint - despite the endless list of bugs and AI weirdness. I briefly tried the demo of ARMA2 but it ran like an absolute dog on my PC (Core Duo E4300, 4GB RAM, 7900GT) - I suspect its the CPU\Graphics card letting it down? What do you guys use for flying the vehicles? Keyboard\Mouse or stick?

Most use the keyboard/mouse but a few use and are managing to convince the rest of us that using a joypad for aircraft is the way forward. Having witnessed their flying I can quite believe how nice the joypad is to use.

What system are you running Bananaman to get the gameplay smooth? I tried the demo but my PC just wasn't cut out for it.

You can reduce the graphics a lot. Mine isn't a particularly high end machine but I've got everything (apart from anti alaising) turn up to maximum

But here's what I've got

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache

Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 DHX Memory Kit

Sapphire HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

We recently changed our Arma server where it defaults your PC to the minimum graphics setting. You then have to change it in game if you want to have the bells and whistles (for example grass and flowers). Me being the tart that I am must have all the graphics.

Archived