Psn Trophies

Thargoid Killer

Well, as I got my replacement 60gb PS3 ( just before Sony pulled the continous play scheme ) I thought I'd have another crack

at connecting to the web and the PSN. I must have cocked something up with my original one because it connected straight away.

Sorted out a PSN account, then tried to sort out my Trophies.

I have completed 98% of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and have collected quite a few of rewards, yet when the Trophy system synced

to my save game it's telling I have won nothing??? anybody have any experience of this? or do you actually have to coneected to the

web whilst you play to be rewarded trophies?

think you need to start over once trophies are enabled

(i had my burnout paradise save before the trophy update and it didn't backdate any (so i was getting trophies for getting 250 of things, but not having the get 100 of the same things))

I think Achievements have made me complete a lot more games than I would have without them. I had a bad habit of getting 3/4 of the way through a game and then getting distracted by something shiny. But like Slim says the meta game of getting more points or some obscure achievements before a friend is strangely appealing, I guess that explains my 25850GS in just over a year.

Although if Trophies are anything like achievements then you will need to have had an account before getting the Trophy other wise you could just nick someone else’s save and get all the shinnies.

I think Achievements have made me complete a lot more games than I would have without them. I had a bad habit of getting 3/4 of the way through a game and then getting distracted by something shiny. But like Slim says the meta game of getting more points or some obscure achievements before a friend is strangely appealing, I guess that explains my 25850GS in just over a year.

Does the ps3 have the compare system for trophies like on the xbox?

I find it quite annoying, spoils the feel of games at times, for instance, when playing Resi Evil5 after a tense scary bit you then get a ping and a trophy in the corner, just doesn't seem right. I like to get immersed in games, trophy pop ups make it feel a bit plastic and remind that its "just a game".

The other side of the coin though is when i scored my first free kick on FIFA, 40 yard monster by Carrick, and i was chuffed with the "SCREAMER" trophy i got.

I'd turn trophies off if i could on my other games though.

Does the ps3 have the compare system for trophies like on the xbox?

Yeah Slim, you can compare trophies with your PSN buds.

Archived