[BBC News] Manx drinkers get full measures

Newsbot

The only reason we have a head on our beer is because it is forced through the plastic "shower head" nooze and held in the glass as it fills. Not very healthy.

This was not the case when I started drinking and I have noticed it does not occur in the south of England. No problems with a full glass.

The only reason we have a head on our beer is because it is forced through the plastic "shower head" nooze and held in the glass as it fills. Not very healthy.

This was not the case when I started drinking and I have noticed it does not occur in the south of England. No problems with a full glass.

Well no I've had no health problems from having a head on my beer and I've been drinking it for a long time.

Southern beer (with the odd honourable exception, Courage Directors for one) -enough said. Why they even have these beer tumblers with dimples and handles on down there. Thats not right

No it's not. Northern beer is brewed from recipes especially for the tight creamy head. What this does is force some of the bitterness into the foam which gives an initial quick bitter taste from the foam and then a smoother taste from the body of the beer. Beers pulled flat and through a sparkler taste totally different

No it's not. Northern beer is brewed from recipes especially for the tight creamy head. What this does is force some of the bitterness into the foam which gives an initial quick bitter taste from the foam and then a smoother taste from the body of the beer. Beers pulled flat and through a sparkler taste totally different

And that is the spin they want you to believe. The truth is you get an extra 2-3 pints out of a keg by draft flowing it (the little shower thingy). We all have that awful crap they call Boddingtons to thank for that. Old Bushy Tail tastes the same as it ever did. When I first started drinking it, it had bubbles that tickled your taste buds as it past through your mouth. Now (draft flown) it is flat as a pancake. THe same goes for all northern draft flown bitter. I have now pretty much converted to lager, but they are even dumbing that down now with all these tasteless 4% (and less) things, like it was in the '70s, when at least you could get a decent pint of bitter.

It is like all these goody, goodies who say things like "Wine is stronger than it was 20 years ago".

Like Chateau Lynch Bages (etc.) is going to change it's timeless recipes.

Southern beer (with the odd honourable exception, Courage Directors for one) -enough said. Why they even have these beer tumblers with dimples and handles on down there. Thats not right

Stop teasing me. Proper beer glasses like Albert Tatlock used to use int Rovers Return (in that good NORTHERN soap). You don't see proper beer glasses around much these days (especially in the north) because they are too expensive.

And that is the spin they want you to believe. The truth is you get an extra 2-3 pints out of a keg by draft flowing it (the little shower thingy). We all have that awful crap they call Boddingtons to thank for that. Old Bushy Tail tastes the same as it ever did. When I first started drinking it, it had bubbles that tickled your taste buds as it past through your mouth. Now (draft flown) it is flat as a pancake. THe same goes for all northern draft flown bitter. I have now pretty much converted to lager, but they are even dumbing that down now with all these tasteless 4% (and less) things, like it was in the '70s, when at least you could get a decent pint of bitter.

It is like all these goody, goodies who say things like "Wine is stronger than it was 20 years ago".

Like Chateau Lynch Bages (etc.) is going to change it's timeless recipes.

It's not spin its fact. You obviously have no idea about the difference between cask ale and keg

It's not spin its fact. You obviously have no idea about the difference between cask ale and keg

It is nothing to do with cask or keg. It is spin. It is like finding a way to get to get 43 pints of Coke out of a tin instead of 40, making an extra healthy profit. All you have to now is convince everyone "It's supposed to be flat". It is bollocks.

It is nothing to do with cask or keg. It is spin. It is like finding a way to get to get 43 pints of Coke out of a tin instead of 40, making an extra healthy profit. All you have to now is convince everyone "It's supposed to be flat". It is bollocks.

err if its flat it will be a full pint and hence you get 7 pints fom a 72 pint container. However if it has a large head then you get 75 pints. Completely the other way to what your saying.

It's not spin.

Your the spin artist talking out of your arse

Archived