[BBC News] Manx drinkers get full measures

Newsbot

It's not spin its fact. You obviously have no idea about the difference between cask ale and keg

It is nothing to do with cask or keg. It is spin. It is like finding a way to get to get 43 pints of Coke out of a tin instead of 40, making an extra healthy profit. All you have to now is convince everyone "It's supposed to be flat". It is bollocks.

err if its flat it will be a full pint and hence you get 7 pints fom a 72 pint container. However if it has a large head then you get 75 pints. Completely the other way to what your saying.

It's not spin.

Your the spin artist talking out of your arse

This argument is about as pointless as Northern bitter has become. Roll on my next trip Daan Saaff.

This argument is about as pointless as Northern bitter has become. Roll on my next trip Daan Saaff.

There are many fine beers produced through out the British Isles, so arguing whether South or North is best is pointless, IMO. Just enjoy the variety.

As for full pints on the island, there are some pubs that are consistently better at it than others.

There are many fine beers produced through out the British Isles, so arguing whether South or North is best is pointless, IMO. Just enjoy the variety.

I am not disputing that, it is the difference in the way beer is served between north and south. I am an ale drinker and former member of CAMRA. I am actaully thinkin of joining again to try to put a stop to draft flowing.

I am not disputing that, it is the difference in the way beer is served between north and south. I am an ale drinker and former member of CAMRA. I am actaully thinkin of joining again to try to put a stop to draft flowing.

Go for it. I'm not a fan of beers being forced through a sparkler when that's not how they're served on their "home patch". :)

Hang on. You were "pretty much converted to lager" and now you're thinking of re-joining CAMRA. That is going to take a lot of repetance. Still God welcomes sinners back into the fold, I guess.

The Rovers return usually has 3 real ales on these days, along with a Bushy's brew.

I think rather than an ear bleeding rave (which I rather enjoy actually) I think the next forum meeting should be in the Rovers Return. I like talking BS about beer and I've picked up some ace phrases on this thread already.

Edited to add that apparently the Rovers is well represented by manxforums folk anyway. Usually stood at the bar lookily shiftily sideways at people wondering if they might be a manxforums person also.

Chances are they are.....

Talking out of your arse again. "draft flowing" no such expression for any type of beer dispense.

You actually probably mean "draught flow" which applies to keg beers not cask beers....

So I woudn't even think about joining CAMRA

An ale drinker, belonged to CAMRA, converted to Lager, thinking of joining CAMRA again.

What a knob

Any one who would pick up a glass of lager should never have been allowed to join CAMRA, or be allowed to join again, or to even mention he thinks he is an ale drinker.

Any one who would pick up a glass of lager should never have been allowed to join CAMRA, or be allowed to join again, or to even mention he thinks he is an ale drinker.

So people aren't allowed variety then ? Don't talk shite . I drink what I like when I like . If its a nice hot sunny day I would probably drink a cold pint of decent lager Budvar , Staropramen , Lowenbrau or cider Westons instead of say a heavy dark ale such as McEwans Champion or Old Peculier . I think the fact that you will find certain lagers and ciders at some camra beer festivals kind of supports the theme of variety .

Archived