Whats Going On

crumlin

From Manx Radio News 5pm today.

A Balldrine man was fined the max fine of £2000 today by the courts. He was reported for breaking his planning approval for his Holiday Cottages. He allowed non tourist to stay in the cottages that only had approval for TOURISTS.

This man never got a grant for his holiday cottages but NED did. Ned has been reported many times and by many for letting his appartments and cottages out to non tourist, Why is he not up in court being fined for the same thing.

Can someone please give us the answer.

Answer is

If your an MHK you can rob the public without fear of being prosicuted, but if you are a member of the public the Goverment will rob you and there is Fcuk all you can do about it.

And yes I was one of those that reported the Corkills for abuse of the Planning approval, renting to non tourist and in an appartment meant for disabled persons (grant aided). I was told by the planning officer it had nothing to do with me, but it has I have not been paid for it.

We are trying to get them into court on the 28 Feb, but are expecting another excuse for a delay.

It stinks - plain and simple.

I can't believe that a member of public is unable to report a breach and further that absolutely nothing at all will be done about it.

It stinks - plain and simple.

I can't believe that a member of public is unable to report a breach and further that absolutely nothing at all will be done about it.

Can anyone with legal knowledge explain this? Does a member of Tynwald have some sort of immunity unlike the rest of us.

I may be a bit naive here but I thought the law applied to everyone, including the makers of it and the adjudicators of it.

I think this news announced tonight on Manx Radio will not only re-open a "megathread" but perhaps highlight the whole BallaCgate scandal in the public glare once again and not just on message boards.

And if that happens then rightly so.

The Manx public have a right to know.

How Mr Flanders has the cheek to remain a member of the locksmith's club which meets every Tuesday is fascinating. Has he no shame?

Having said that in all honesty I cannot understand the planning regulations. If a place is fit for tourist accomodation for short term rent then what is the difference in a property owner allowing a long term lease anyway?

Strange rules in a really strange land. And freedom not.

They got Planning approval after an appeal, Onchan Commissiomers objected to the planning application as submitted, but at appeal agreed to strick use for Tourism only. This is to stop people from just building houses as they like in their back gardens to sell on. But the point here is that the Neds applied for help to create TOURIST cottages and appartments to plug the gap in the shortage of holiday homes. They received massive finacial help from the taxpayers for these homes so they should stick to the rules as to what they signed for.

Its my opinion that the lack of action by the Planners and the DTL has something to do with what Neds has on these departments, Mrs Ned is a loose cannon so to speak and that might be enough to scare some into doing nothing.

Why have the building inspectors not lost their jobs over this scandal, they passed what we all now know is not as approved, why have their bosses not taken action.

This chap must have a good case of appealing against his fine, how can one person be done and not the other.

I would like to say that I cant wait for the police to finish their investigations, you will get the shock of your lives when all is revealed.

They got Planning approval after an appeal, Onchan Commissiomers objected to the planning application as submitted, but at appeal agreed to strick use for Tourism only. This is to stop people from just building houses as they like in their back gardens to sell on. But the point here is that the Neds applied for help to create TOURIST cottages and appartments to plug the gap in the shortage of holiday homes. They received massive finacial help from the taxpayers for these homes so they should stick to the rules as to what they signed for.

Its my opinion that the lack of action by the Planners and the DTL has something to do with what Neds has on these departments, Mrs Ned is a loose cannon so to speak and that might be enough to scare some into doing nothing.

Why have the building inspectors not lost their jobs over this scandal, they passed what we all now know is not as approved, why have their bosses not taken action.

This chap must have a good case of appealing against his fine, how can one person be done and not the other.

I would like to say that I cant wait for the police to finish their investigations, you will get the shock of your lives when all is revealed.

I get it now but surely there should be rules that are more simple. To rent out for tourists or long term lets should not be a way to prevent or grant further building.

Surely there should be measures which say that there is say ten houses there and no more regardless whether short or long term let.

Monkey, the term locksmiths is a slang word for the House of keys.

I've never heard that one before.

Sounds like it harks back to the old days of CB, where people dreamed up rubbish 'handles' for local places.

There was some really inspiring name for Woodbourne Road...............

I get it now but surely there should be rules that are more simple. To rent out for tourists or long term lets should not be a way to prevent or grant further building.

Surely there should be measures which say that there is say ten houses there and no more regardless whether short or long term let.

Do you think the Government should give tax payers money away to anyone that wants to build a home, it would be like giving Dandara 30% of their building costs so they could make a larger profit.

Archived