Lotus Elise

manx890

Elise S1 very clean and tidy condition, 24,000 miles only from new in 2000. Never taken out in the rain. Metalic racing green with black hood and black leather interior. Huricain sports induction kit and sports exhaust manifold. Just had service and 4 new tyres fitted. 11 months tax. Priced to sell £9500 Call nick on 419359

post-5250-1245915891_thumb.jpg

Some more info as I got a couple of enquirerys about it asking for such

The Lotus Elise was a very new design when it came out (a lot of it has been taken up since by the likes of Audi) it is a very very light car at 640kg it has a bonded aluminium chassis and glass fibre panels. Its very basic inside (no frills) manual windows, no central locking, very basic trim, even the radio/CD was an extra (it’s got quite a good one). This all made a car focused around the driving experience. There is still not another car like it with as pure a handling experience even the later ones as they got electric windows and better trim more were a bit more soggy although that’s still relative to their being still one of the best out there. It can do about 135mph but it’s not about speed with this car it’s about how it hangs on in the corners I have never driven anything that will grip as much as this car.

The one I have is one of the first generation S1 models they came out in 1997, its in dark racing green metallic paint that sort of changes to a dark blue in sunlight, it has a black canvas roof and black leather seats and scuff panels. It’s in very tidy condition.

I have just put a set of 4 new tyres on it (not cheap) and a full service it’s got 11 months tax as well.

I don’t want to sell but need the money for a house deposit, I am also not overly optimistic about its value I have advertised it at £1000 under what they are being advertised at in the UK press.

Test drives are fine but I will be sitting in with you and will reserve the right to say no I am sure you will understand.

Archived