[BBC News] Funeral for TT race crash rider

Newsbot

some that have never met him, great bit of respect .

I think going to a stranger's funeral is a bit odd.

Keyboarder - I've never met you,but I'd go to your funeral,just to make sure you were actually dead.

Keyboarder - I've never met you,but I'd go to your funeral,just to make sure you were actually dead.

And they don't come much odder than you........... ; ))

Bray Hill - He's already explained -

Uh.. I was really highlighting Newsbot's crap reporting. "Funeral for TT race crash rider" suggests the possibility that they might not give him a funeral and just dump him somewhere.

As usual some over-sensitive twat who probably never knew the man has managed to take offence.

I think you should have more respect for the subject of this thread than to turn this into a slanging match. Don't be a Dick, report the post you dislike and leave it at that.

Go away you pest, you have no place here. Vulgarian made a valid point, the family and friends of the gentleman involved will already know & I would hope people reading a news report of a funeral wouldn't, 'just go because he is a local personality'. If the report is about the local chap killed in the Senior, the forum have paid their respect to him, everyone had kind words to say. Do not come here picking fights, with your false morals.

Declan said what I took half an hour to write :) I was on the phone

Valid only when he clarified it afterwards!

And as for being a pest, and the mention of false morals etc, then if that is aimed at me, then you are way off the mark, and as such that statement of yours is bang out of order.

RIP John Crellin

I think some people who didn't know John might have gone to support other members of the family that they do know

Bray Hill - He's already explained -

Uh.. I was really highlighting Newsbot's crap reporting. "Funeral for TT race crash rider" suggests the possibility that they might not give him a funeral and just dump him somewhere.

As usual some over-sensitive twat who probably never knew the man has managed to take offence.

I think you should have more respect for the subject of this thread than to turn this into a slanging match. Don't be a Dick, report the post you dislike and leave it at that.

Declan,

Not getting involved in this particular issue but more of a general question. Does it take a report of a thread for the mods to take action. If a post is deemed too offensive, outrageous, whatever cannot it be removed/thread closed down unilaterally by the mods or do you need a complaint to make such action "legitimate". Just curious

I think that's the way it works, in general. (Although one or two go rogue from time to time). The theory is they can't read every post, and therefore rely on reports to raise issues to them. I think there's a legal issue in that if they act without first recieving a mod report it can be viewed that every post not removed has mod approval implied. Not sure if that applies is the issue is one of taste rather than libel.

I think that's the way it works, in general. (Although one or two go rogue from time to time). The theory is they can't read every post, and therefore rely on reports to raise issues to them. I think there's a legal issue in that if they act without first recieving a mod report it can be viewed that every post not removed has mod approval implied. Not sure if that applies is the issue is one of taste rather than libel.

Thanks, I think I followed that.

Archived