Michael Jackson Suffers Cardiac Arrest

Mission

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Musician?

Fiddler allegedly....

Seriously though - what instrument did he play?

Singer - yes - mediochre at best

Entertainer - yes - nothing of outstanding merit though

He played bongos as a kid prior to the J5, on various albums he is credited with playing guitar, paino and drums.

If he is not an outstanding entertainer, who is?

I stand corrected then - he has played bits on his albums.

Has he ever performed (sung and played an instrument)?

I have read that he started lipsynching in his shows after the Bad album - miming to your own songs is cheating in my mind.

Miming to your own tunes and dancing does not make an outstanding entertainer - I would suggest fraudster is a better description.

Ayway - he's gone now.

"Greatest musician of all time? I don't think so"

how wasn't he ? still has the biggest selling album ever made some 27 years after it was made, what a crap musician eh!?

Musician?

Fiddler allegedly....

Seriously though - what instrument did he play?

Singer - yes - mediochre at best

Entertainer - yes - nothing of outstanding merit though

'Nothing of outstanding merit' - do you honestly think that?

That reminds me of the (possibly apocryphal) RKO studio memo which followed the aspiring Fred Astaire's screen test: "Can't sing. Can't act. Can dance a little".

You don't have to be a cock-rocking guitarist or some other sort of virtuoso to be musically brilliant - as Jackson, IMHO, indisputably was.

I'm not keen on the way his style became increasingly mannered but he had a fantastic voice - sweet, strong, expressive and technically great.

As a dancer, he was electrifying - one of the greatest we have seen or will ever see.

Put these strengths together in a tireless, natural born performer and you have a peerless entertainer.

It wasn't just about selling billions of albums (though he did) - his output has had an immeasurable influence on pop & R&B AND more than anything, he also meant something to millions of people around the world throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s. In terms of cultural impact, I would put him on a par with Elvis - another emblem of America who wasn't much of a 'musician'.

I'm not musically his biggest fan and certainly no apologist for the private man - clearly a deeply damaged individual who, a victim of abuse himself, became an alleged abuser. Alleged.

But I'm already tired of all the cheap gags and quite saddened by the smart-ass, mean-spirited comments about his death. On the outside, he was an inimitable talent who occupied a unique place in pop culture history. On the inside, a tormented soul whose life became a catastrophe. And now? Dead at 50, his corpse still warm, leaving behind three young children. And all people can say is good riddance... kiddie fiddler... he wasn't all that anyway...

For shame.

Ok, you can shoot me down in flames now!

You've been hit by, you've been struck by.............................

that'll be $10 in royalties to my estate please!

They Told Him Don't You Ever Come Around Here

Don't Wanna See Your Face, You Better Disappear

The Fire's In Their Eyes And Their Words Are Really Clear

So Beat It, Just Beat It

Aparantly thats what he was doing in the Childrens ward..... :rolleyes:

He entertained and brought joy to some people. He allegedly played with some little boys mickeys. He assisted in making his records. He sung and danced a bit. But at the end of the day do you think he could look himself in the mirror and not say "that is one fucked up face".

how wasn't he ? still has the biggest selling album ever made some 27 years after it was made, what a crap musician eh!?

What instruments did he play, as a matter of interest?

he was recording artist, entertainer,one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.. but what would they know eh!?

I'm just quibbling witht he 'musician' bit. I always assumed you had to be able to play a musical instrument to be a musician. (The pink oboe doesn't count,

BTW.)

VERY VERY VERY SAD NEWS, one of the most talented person in the world.

This is shocking, I was really looking forward to seeing him next month.

RIP JACKO

Talented? He was a bankrupt kiddy fiddling looney. I wonder if all those people who bought tickets will get a full refund? Like those concerts were ever going to go ahead anyway. I bet the concert promoters are delighted as at least they'll get their money back now rather than pissing millions away on events that were never going to happen.

You idiot , as if he MEANT to die. He was cleared of those charges too. and actually when I see you writing the songs he wrote and gaining millions of fans I will take it all back. But until then your just another person ranting on a forum. All the best

Nice rant.

Fact is this whole collective blubbering about this "lost talent" is completely pissing me off already. He was a mediocre talent at most and most of his successful solo albums where more down to the efforts of Quincy Jones that the talents of the "Prince of Paedos".

No doubt we will have to endure this gut wrenching media frenzy for months when the fact is he was a circus freak who was well past his prime by 1986.

He was also an upstanding role model for black people the world over showing them all that they too, if they just followed their hopes and dreams could one day be white.

Not even near to being funny...

f_doh.gif

it was more than near to being funny actually.. .. it was a cracker..

Michael Jackson said in his will that he wants to be melted down and turned into a playstation - so little kids can still play with him

Michael Jackson said in his will that he wants to be melted down and turned into a playstation - so little kids can still play with him

Funny how quickly these jokes have starting to get boring now.

Archived